Carlton Board Phantom Draft - Expressions of Interest

Ok all!

I would like to run a phantom draft.

I propose two different models:

1. A draft based off real club positions, occurring after the conclusion of trade week

2. A snake draft (order reverses each round) where each drafter selects their strongest draft class to about 5 rounds.

The first model is more traditional and requires you to try and weigh up needs vs available talent. The second is kind of a natural organiser of groupthink about the talent level of the draft class, where in pursuit of the best talent at every pick a sort of Carlton Board power rankings form.

Thoughts? Interest?

Also interested!

I think we should start with a snake draft, then go for the real order once trades are finalised.

This was going to be the plan.

Was going to leave the thread for 24 hours to see what the response was like and then start the hurley-burley of allocating

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
This was going to be the plan.

Was going to leave the thread for 24 hours to see what the response was like and then start the hurley-burley of allocating
Yeah I was going to strike up a similar thread with the idea of doing a pre-trade order so everyone would still have some early picks, but a snake draft is much better and doesn't leave people scrambling to familiarise themselves with club lists.

I was looking all over the internet for some sort of draft simulator that I could cede with players, but there's nothing. Would prefer we drafted on a live chat program of some kind (Discord or slack) just to help keep everybody notified easily about what's going on, maybe even make a social occasion out of it.

I was looking all over the internet for some sort of draft simulator that I could cede with players, but there's nothing. Would prefer we drafted on a live chat program of some kind (Discord or slack) just to help keep everybody notified easily about what's going on, maybe even make a social occasion out of it.

If I get some free time, I could be persuaded to build one...

Back