Mod. Notice Carlton Board Questions & Suggestions

Remove this Banner Ad

Announcement:-

During a database change over, it appears we lost about 11 hours of posts - between about 6PM yesterday and 5:30 AM this morning. This is being worked on. The option we may try to take is to lose the posts from this morning - meaning many fewer posts are lost - and revert to 5:30AM.

Please post any questions in this thread.

The Old Dark Navy's, Aphrodite

I don't know whether this has been mentioned (if so, I can't find it).

I have taken time to type up a lengthy piece on the Carlton Football Club called 'Of Two Minds'.

It is a blog piece with some factual information and it is my opinion about the need for blues fans to stick with the football club through thick and thin.
As I said, it is on my blog. And the audience within reach are not quite knowledgeable when it comes to AFL and Carlton. Most of the target audience lies here.

It is also fairly long. So I don't wish to post bits and pieces all over the place.

I was wondering whether you would accept this one-off piece with a link. It's safe and relevant to the topic of the Blues. I also would love for others to share their thoughts and feelings about the piece as well. You will also get to know more about me through this specific piece.

If I am permitted to share it, feel free to tell me where it would be most suitable (in its own thread or in one already established).

The Old Dark Navy's, Aphrodite

About my piece. Neese's positve thread seems quite fitting for me to share it. Is it okay for me to do so?

Is it generally okay to share our own takes that come from external sites?

You can share anything you like if you post it in full. BF only has an issue if people are trying to gain hits by pointing towards their own work. You can add the link afterwards though. Give people a choice as to whether they want to go there to check things out or read it on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hello - anyone know if the 'carlton' button I used to use to refresh the main page will be making a re-appearance? thanks in anticipation

You mean where all teams are listed if you click the clubs tab?

home - forum - afl teams - carlton

^^ this is what I get if I am already in a thread

home - forum - afl teams

^^ this is what I get when on our main thread page

the carlton option which I used to refresh the page has disappeared since the upgrade - and respectfully no I don't want advice on shortcut buttons

home - forum - afl teams - carlton

^^ this is what I get if I am already in a thread

home - forum - afl teams

^^ this is what I get when on our main thread page

the carlton option which I used to refresh the page has disappeared since the upgrade - and respectfully no I don't want advice on shortcut buttons

I was asking because I don't use that button to refresh my page so just looked at what was at the top of my page at the time.

Team board mods are generally across everything that gets turned on and off on the site aside from knowing it happens for a reason. The slowing servers on game days for instance, have caused some things to automatically get turned off during busy periods to keep up with the demand.

I'm not sure if the button was there in the first place to be used as a refresh tool though.

Try asking your question in here so the tech heads can give you a proper response.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/new-bigfooty-theme-feedback-and-bug-reports.1177773/page-16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back