Mod. Notice Carlton Board Questions & Suggestions

Unfortunately, this is something that has always been. The Bluemour Discussion thread has always been a free for all because rumours can be about all manner of things, but mostly related to list comings and goings. In discussing the rumours, it crosses into list management.

You will quite often see Aph reminding people in many other threads to take it to the list management thread, but there is so much talk that just can't be pigeonholed. Think of your water cooler conversations about footy ... then think about hundreds of people around that same water cooler. By nature it is chaotic. The question is ... go with the chaotic flow as it is not exactly life affecting, or come up with an AFL style over officious fix for something not everybody thought was broken.

I have splinters in my arse sitting on this fence. When energy and inspiration hits me, I might go an extra yard or two now and then. It will take a board wide resolution to fix it, not just mod intervention. It's bigger than us.

Over the last couple of weeks (well probably all season) the Autopsy threads and to a lesser extent the Gameday threads have ended up being a bit of a warzone.

I am wondering if it would be worthwhile trialling a No Discussion Gameday and Autopsy thread.

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
Over the last couple of weeks (well probably all season) the Autopsy threads and to a lesser extent the Gameday threads have ended up being a bit of a warzone.

I am wondering if it would be worthwhile trialling a No Discussion Gameday and Autopsy thread.

How does that differ from not having a thread at all?

This new skin is ugly as sin.

It's like the new Reddit design.

Not sure why they have to fix what wasn't broken -- strictly from a user interface perspective -- in the first place. (Yes, I know the site was broken from a design perspective that day to day users would not need to concern themselves with).

Yuck.

Last edited:
This new skin is ugly as sin.

It's like the new Reddit design.

Not sure why they have to fix what wasn't broken -- strictly from a user interface perspective -- in the first place. (Yes, I know the site was broken from a design perspective that day to day users would not need to concern themselves with).

Yuck.
:thumbsu:

Back