Mod. Notice Carlton Board Questions & Suggestions

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone provide a updated pdf of the carlton players list with numbers and other info

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has the site had a format change? well?

Is there a way to turn of player cards?

They're all screwed up via the bigfooty app. Need a complete overhaul.

Way too spaced out and if there are multiple players you end up scrolling for ages just to get past ONE post.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

The Old Dark Navy's, Gethelred et al,

Can I politely suggest that a separate thread be established for bet/winnings bragging? I think gambling is a big enough problem in our society without betting agencies being given free advertising from folks who like to tell others about how lucky they've been. For every person who has a big win, there are probably 100 who are losing money they can't really afford to be losing.

At least if it's isolated to a single thread, posters who are trying to avoid/overcome a gambling problem can limit their exposure.

The Old Dark Navy's, Gethelred et al,

Can I politely suggest that a separate thread be established for bet/winnings bragging? I think gambling is a big enough problem in our society without betting agencies being given free advertising from folks who like to tell others about how lucky they've been. For every person who has a big win, there are probably 100 who are losing money they can't really afford to be losing.

At least if it's isolated to a single thread, posters who are trying to avoid/overcome a gambling problem can limit their exposure.
If it degenerates in to a pi55ing contest, totally agree. But that is a Mod issue. Certainly feel for anyone with problems, but there are casual, and not so casual gambling references throughout society. We cannot reduce everything in society to the lowest common denominator. The world has been ridiculously “homogenised“ to appease the few already, where will it stop?Most bragging is more about attesting one’s faith in the team, rather than a monetary issue and usually adds reasonably to the conversation.

What Coona said.

There will never be a standalone thread to discuss bets people put on, and mostly it is a throwaway line as part of a football discussion.

If someone is always throwing it in there, you can always block their content. I don't gamble but I'm not about to ostracise or demonise those who spend their own money on a legal activity.

We will monitor such things as always and look at it if it becomes too prevalent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back