List Mgmt. Carlton Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I think we need to prioritise a KPD in this draft.

I think we all do, but I am reluctant for that to be our first pick.

If I could choose between

Pick 5 on a gun KPD prospect and pick 45 on a slow/unskilled mid OR
Pick 5 on a gun mid prospect and pick 45 on a rough KPD or recycled/failed fwd or even a state level defender...

I'd choose the latter almost every time (obviously this it talking in general and it would depend on the actual players available at the time).

Don't get me wrong. I am in love with Weiters and want to have his robot babies.....but I think using an early first rounder on a KPD (or ruck) can be inefficient.

Pick 5 on a gun mid prospect and pick 45 on a rough KPD or recycled/failed fwd or even a state level defender...

I'd choose the latter almost every time (obviously this it talking in general and it would depend on the actual players available at the time).

Don't get me wrong. I am in love with Weiters and want to have his robot babies.....but I think using an early first rounder on a KPD (or ruck) can be inefficient.

Take the KPD whilst we have time to develop them, especially since Jones isn't on his last legs just yet.
I don't really view our midfield as a priority given the talent we already have on our list.

well seeing how you have insisted, I'm pretty certain you know who will be the judge of who we need to prioritize, my very very very very very good friend.....

I thought you were going to say that every player looks Key Position to HBF (and certain other posters that I know of but are definitely not me)....

I thought you were going to say that every player looks Key Position to HBF (and certain other posters that I know of but are definitely not me)....
Like I'd denigrate Milkcrate that way? Shame..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

? Do we pick up another mid to play as a forward pocket or as the sub.

We need KPP desperately I don't understand the obsession with mids with first round picks.
Harry was a first rounder he turn out alright! Don't forget we have guys like Kemp, Stocker, Philp and Carroll as midfield options.

The last few weeks have been laughable how thin we are in the tall stocks and our footy department needs a kick in the arse for that farce.

Club has interest in Gibcus, but plenty of depth in talls this year, even in the first round

Its clear there is a KPD need, but any kid drafted, would likely really struggle, if they had to come in and replace Jones or Weiters for an extended period.

Who are some likely types, to come in and provide that depth/cover?

I struggle with this, as no young player squeezed out of a strong clubs defence, will come to us, unless they think, they will play regularly, which leaves players close to retirement or 2nd tier comp players, desperate for a shot.

Thoughts on the best available ruck? Would like a player to partner TDK and allow him to spend a bit more time forward.

What's this 'pick 45' business, what happened to our second-rounder?

Its clear there is a KPD need, but any kid drafted, would likely really struggle, if they had to come in and replace Jones or Weiters for an extended period.

Who are some likely types, to come in and provide that depth/cover?

I struggle with this, as no young player squeezed out of a strong clubs defence, will come to us, unless they think, they will play regularly, which leaves players close to retirement or 2nd tier comp players, desperate for a shot.

Thoughts on the best available ruck? Would like a player to partner TDK and allow him to spend a bit more time forward.

I feel we need a 2 spine players that are currently in the system and would have an impact immediately and or ready to go. Then draft a tall to develop

Plenty of OOC

Ballenden, O'Brien could play anywhere down the spine

Fullarton, Darcy Cameron, Chol, Jeka, CCJ, McLean, forward/ruck

Briggs, Meek, Flynn, ruck/forward

Brander KPP swingman

Draftees, Gibcus, Amiss, Luke Taylor, Willams, Andrew, Bazzo, VanRooyen, Etc

My kingdom for a couple of hard-running two-way mids who can use the ball decently. Are there any of these we can trade for who won't cost $500k+?
You can talk talent, and potential all you want....but can we get any players who can dig in and apply on game day? We're so bereft of players with a hard attitude.
Melbourne getting Langdon, is the style of player that would work.

I feel we need a 2 spine players that are currently in the system and would have an impact immediately and or ready to go. Then draft a tall to develop

Plenty of OOC

Ballenden, O'Brien could play anywhere down the spine

Fullarton, Darcy Cameron, Chol, Jeka, CCJ, McLean, forward/ruck

Briggs, Meek, Flynn, ruck/forward

Brander KPP swingman

Draftees, Gibcus, Amiss, Luke Taylor, Willams, Andrew, Bazzo, VanRooyen, Etc
Plenty of those have interest.
Don’t share your interest in top 2.
Fullarton Qld lad likely to stay, adequate, good competitor, bit of a “tweener“
Darcy Cameron I like as a mature, best 22 quality forward/ruck. Reckon can be plucked with need for Daicos points.
Chol not cheap, unlikely, future will be dependent, linked to CCJ, who is more likely to go for reasonably good coin.
Jeka will be required player, just stepping up.
McLean is the moneyball pick. Warrior always competes when opportunity knocks. Likely to be behind McDonald and Amartey long term. Happy enough as value.
Thinking Briggs and Flynn happy where they are and don’t see either commanding a top 22 spot.
Meek has plenty of upside, not going past Darcy and Freo will use Lobb or Treacy in preference as their top 22 choice. If Freo are into SPS, may be some business to be done there.
Cameron or Meek likely best 22 players. McLean value back up. See them the most practical.

Dom Akuei looks a no brainer as project player, would be a dream if lasted to be a Cat B rookie.
A good deal of how much we invest on the spine will depend on the fitness and retention of OMac and to a lesser extent Marchy.

If fit Harry and Charlie lead our forwards for 8-10 years. Quality forward/ruck to complement TDK would be ideal. Like Pitto, but has his limitations and probably serves us better as back up. We could do worse though, realistically.

The Jones replacement needs to be procured, and not a break glass, we have OMac for that.

Very interested in the trajectory of WA mid Corey Warner (brother of Swans young hard nut). More athletic and reportedly skilled than his brother. My draft watch for now in the absence of championships….again.

Darcy Cameron I like as a mature, best 22 quality forward/ruck. Reckon can be plucked with need for Daicos points.
Chol not cheap, unlikely, future will be dependent, linked to CCJ, who is more likely to go for reasonably good coin.
McLean is the moneyball pick. Warrior always competes when opportunity knocks. Likely to be behind McDonald and Amartey long term. Happy enough as value.
Thinking Briggs and Flynn happy where they are and don’t see either commanding a top 22 spot.
Meek has plenty of upside, not going past Darcy and Freo will use Lobb or Treacy in preference as their top 22 choice. If Freo are into SPS, may be some business to be done there.
Cameron or Meek likely best 22 players. McLean value back up. See them the most practical.

Dom Akuei looks a no brainer as project player, would be a dream if lasted to be a Cat B rookie.
A good deal of how much we invest on the spine will depend on the fitness and retention of OMac and to a lesser extent Marchy.

If fit Harry and Charlie lead our forwards for 8-10 years. Quality forward/ruck to complement TDK would be ideal. Like Pitto, but has his limitations and probably serves us better as back up. We could do worse though, realistically.

The Jones replacement needs to be procured, and not a break glass, we have OMac for that.

Very interested in the trajectory of WA mid Corey Warner (brother of Swans young hard nut). More athletic and reportedly skilled than his brother. My draft watch for now in the absence of championships….again.

Pitto is break glass for me, so I would be looking for a forward/ruck to partner TDK, who is more a ruck /forward

Ultimately, when Charlie is up and about I would like to see H do some chopout ruck work

When you say Chol not cheap, you mean $$$$$$ right? Chol is a UFA so no trading required, also, how would Akuei be a Cat B rookie? He currently plays for Vic metro.

Pitto is break glass for me, so I would be looking for a forward/ruck to partner TDK, who is more a ruck /forward

Ultimately, when Charlie is up and about I would like to see H do some chopout ruck work

As he’s not on your previous list, do you not rate Ladhams? On limited viewing he looks better than the others you raised.

On Brander, he’s having a breakout season, won’t be cheap trade wise, but he’d be a good fit.

When you say Chol not cheap, you mean $$$$$$ right? Chol is a UFA so no trading required, also, how would Akuei be a Cat B rookie? He currently plays for Vic metro.

Akuei is a part of our NGA academy.

If he isn’t selected in the National Draft we’ll have the option to pre-list him as a Cat B rookie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back