List Mgmt. Carlton Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need to do more than hope some completely unproven players develop fine in any given position. It’s like thinking the midfield is stocked because we had a young Dow, SPS and LOB.
I like Durdin, Owies and Honey, but none of them are elite small forwards, so if there’s a good one available I’d take that.
He won't be 'best available' anyway, it would be trying to fix the small forward 'problem' for the umpteenth time. We have to get over that kind of thinking or we'll never catch up to the best sides.

He won't be 'best available' anyway, it would be trying to fix the small forward 'problem' for the umpteenth time. We have to get over that kind of thinking or we'll never catch up to the best sides.

Won't be best available? Strange comment given we don't know who else will be available at that selection.

How much have you seen of him, or the rest of this cohort?

Or, is this just another opportunity to take a swipe at the club's recruiting?

Jesse is definitely an option if available at p25 , I’m certain he’ll come into consideration if he show the right attitude & determination necessary to survive an AFL environment.
Professionalism & maturity are important factors today as always.
Jesses has enormous talent , that part come is simple for him , the challenge is compliance & adherence to AFL minimum standards.

Motlop is a real talent. Has handled himself very well with each increase in level. Composed, great team ethos, elusive. More than happy to add him if we are looking at this type

Watching the highlights of Motlop, I like that:
  • He kicks a set shot goal from 50m and easily clears the pack on the line
  • Doesn't hesitate to make significant body contact in making a tackle (0:35)
  • Some absolutely pure evasive skills
  • Accelerates away with that Yarran/McLeod like balance as the chaser is flailing furiously, allowing him to execute a neat disposal
I'd be happy with that selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motlop is a real talent. Has handled himself very well with each increase in level. Composed, great team ethos, elusive. More than happy to add him if we are looking at this type
How do you compare him to the other two that has been discussed? Sam Butler or Zac Taylor.

BTW I'm still keen on a KPP though with #25, as I think there's more need there with our list

How do you compare him to the other two that has been discussed? Sam Butler or Zac Taylor.

BTW I'm still keen on a KPP though with #25, as I think there's more need there with our list

Think he is more advanced than Butler and Taylor at the same stage and has already acquitted himself well against men.

I too think we need 1-2 more spine players, but unless Van Rooyen slides or we are patient with Bazzo, you would have to reach for a Alleer or Williams, both who I think could transition well to the next level. As a later pick, I really like Luke Polson, but it looks like we are only taking 1 pick

Fascinating choice if we have the chance to draft either of those two. Reading the profiles, I like that Taylor racks up ball and gets involved in all aspects of the game, as well as being considered an excellent decision-maker and disposer of the footy. They are qualities I like very much. However, it doesn't seem like his second position as a half forward is a strength of his with not a great record of hitting the scoreboard. That makes me think he could suffer the Sam Ramsay fate of being a midfielder played out of position and not doing enough to find a spot in the side.

Butler on the other hand has greater athleticism (speed, vertical leap) and a record for kicking goals as a forward, as well as the ability to play in the midfield and contribute both defensively and offensively, with perhaps not the same polish as Taylor in decision making and disposal.

I'd probably lean towards Butler as someone who is more likely to find a role in the side and make a contribution.

Thats total BS. North want a favor from the pies. If Daicos is worthy of No.1 (and from what I've heard/read - he is) then they should bid on him regardless if Pies get him or not. This lets them off the hook points wise and has a flow-on effect to other teams.

We won't get him though... If he falls after pick 20, Freo can grab him as an NGA pick, right?

Depending what they are looking at, they also have 2 other NGA players they will add cheaply. Bennings is somewhat underrated, most have him in the 60s, I have him mid ish 3rd

Motlop is free hit for any club till pick 40, but he won't last

Many have Freo taking Van Rooyen at 19.

Would they take Motlop before Van Rooyen?

Unlikely, but I'd be stoked with either of those two in the Navy Blue.

Impressive start to his senior career by young Jesse.

JM stats at SF.JPG

Last edited:
Thats total BS. North want a favor from the pies. If Daicos is worthy of No.1 (and from what I've heard/read - he is) then they should bid on him regardless if Pies get him or not. This lets them off the hook points wise and has a flow-on effect to other teams.

What ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back