List Mgmt. Carlton Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Jesse... Slightly concerned that by taking another small forward 2 years in a row as our only draft pick.. Does this imply that Voss/Austin dont rate Durdin, Honey & Owies.. We also have Jack Martin, Zac Fisher, Cunners that play the fwd/mid role.

Hey Arrow why do you think North passed on him with pick 22 when they needed a small forward, as we both thought he would end up at the Kangas...

Would have been difficult for them to pass on Goater when he slid, while not the same Curtis is a rising talent as a small/mid forward

Welcome Jesse... Slightly concerned that by taking another small forward 2 years in a row as our only draft pick.. Does this imply that Voss/Austin dont rate Durdin, Honey & Owies.. We also have Jack Martin, Zac Fisher, Cunners that play the fwd/mid role.

Gibbons and Betts out so we're still slightly more balanced than in 2021

I think it implies that they are mostly different types.

Owies is no roving pocket. He's about finding space and/or leading.

Durdin is the pressure forward but we are yet to see if he has the tricks to set the game alight at the feet of the big men.

Martin doesn't rove and snap either. More of a difficult aerial matchup.

Going off snippets from Cook and someone else at the club I heard, Fisher seems to be playing a more prominent role now. I think he will be back up the ground in some capacity.

Last edited:
So are we taking anyone in the rookie or pre season draft?

Or just re-commiting to Lob and cotters?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

So are we taking anyone in the rookie or pre season draft?

Or just re-commiting to Lob and cotters?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
hopefully Akeui as a cat b rookie then we'll get a handful of players to train at the club and pick the best as a SSP selection, would think likely a mature tall defender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with Jesse, would of loved Taylor or Sonsie but oh well. Motlop will be awesome crumbing off the feet of Cahrlie and H
I think Howe as a wingman suited our needs more or Bazzo as a KDefender but Austin did warn us he was taking a forward/mid, I was actually hoping Aleer would be there but alas he went at 15, going to have to cut deep into our plethora of mid types next year and we better be getting a KP defender as we have the thinnest list of talls in the comp.

It is very interesting we only had one live pick in all of the draft/rookie draft - seems they think our list is right. But from afar there seems to be a few weaknesses in out list, especially key tall backmen.

Surely a rookie tall instead of cottrell would have been the way to go (even with Jones on the list we need coverage)

Nice little graphic about half way through comparing consensus from various 'phantom drafts' to actual picks... Motlop 18 vs 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Back