List Mgmt. Carlton Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect we will have at least a couple of guys training with us, and not necessarily all KPDs either. I'm not sure the club sees the issue the same way we do.

“We are not looking for a like-for-like, we brought in Lewis Young, Oscar McDonald missed the season last year (with injury), and we have got guys like Lachie Plowman, Caleb Marchbank and even some developing ones in Brodie Kemp and Luke Parks who played some senior footy last year.

In the latter years of her life, my Tiger supporting mother-in-law was adamant that Daniel Rioli's name was Damian Rioli. Both my wife & I tried to set her straight without success.

When she was watching Richmond play we would hear over & over again "Go Damian, Go Damian".
She might have been referring to the coach in the hope that he would pack his bag and move on back then!!! ;)

St Kilda are like us in that they haven’t had a midfield to carry the rest of the side. They have Steele and then a heap of handy fourth mid types.
Cripps, Walsh, Cerra and Hewett is a very good midfield, especially with Dow and Kennedy in there too. Not to mention a rotating Stocker, Williams, Kemp, and I don't think that our midfield is anything like St Kilda's.

Next year’s draft is supposedly filled with talented KPPs - we’ll need to use our first rounder next draft so I presume we’ll go for a KPP if in the right spot
We can still trade out next years first pick. 2 first round picks were used in 2019 (Kemp & Philp), complying with AFL's at least 2 firsts every 4 years rule. (I think)

Cripps, Walsh, Cerra and Hewett is a very good midfield, especially with Dow and Kennedy in there too. Not to mention a rotating Stocker, Williams, Kemp, and I don't think that our midfield is anything like St Kilda's.
It has been in the past I meant. Players like Dow, Kennedy, Hewitt are nothing type players and similar/inferior to Crouch, Jones, Clarke etc. We will now hopefully have Walsh, Cripps and Cerra to take us to the next level. They don’t have that. They do have some really nice peripheral type players in Billings, Gresham, Hill that we really lack though. On paper they look very solid but just lack the star support for Steele in the middle. If you swap Petracca from Melbourne to St Kilda and I think I’d take St Kilda’s list.

Cripps, Walsh , Cerra , Hewett & Kennedy form a strong midfield core, if we’re unfortunate with Dow & Stocker perhaps Philip all showing semblance of their potential more consistently we’ll be kicking the door down to the finals 20022 we need some luck with significant injuries too.

The other extremely important components are the form of , C. Curnow, Gov, Martin & Williams.
Should all their injuries be settled, if they apply themselves , embrace new coaching panel, and begin enjoy their footy again anything is possible in 2022.

We can still trade out next years first pick. 2 first round picks were used in 2019 (Kemp & Philp), complying with AFL's at least 2 firsts every 4 years rule. (I think)
In 2020 we used pick 8 on Saad, 2021 we used pick 6 on Cerra - therefore we must use our 2022 and 2023 first rounders in the draft.

In 2020 we used pick 8 on Saad, 2021 we used pick 6 on Cerra - therefore we must use our 2022 and 2023 first rounders in the draft.
I don't think so. The rule states that clubs have to use 2 picks every 4 years. Because we used 2 picks in 2019, that period includes 2022.

“We are not looking for a like-for-like, we brought in Lewis Young, Oscar McDonald missed the season last year (with injury), and we have got guys like Lachie Plowman, Caleb Marchbank and even some developing ones in Brodie Kemp and Luke Parks who played some senior footy last year.
Fejo Jnr undrafted. Who else?

It's an interesting question to pose about trading further first round picks. Jones off our list and the potential of a really good clean out next year may suggest we have salary cap space to target senior players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fejo Jnr undrafted. Who else?
Charlie Molan
SNAPSHOT: "Arguably the most well-balanced player in terms of footballing traits, Molan puts out consistent four-quarter efforts and can play anywhere on the field, making him the most versatile player going around."

Charlie Molan is a coach's dream. The Greater Western Victoria (GWV) Rebels utility is the ultimate team player and one of the most guaranteed locks for playing a role his side needs. His defensive accountability, work rate and versatility make him perfect as that plug-and-play type who can go in any position on the field, and make few mistakes. He might not be the most flashy player and create those memorable offensive moments that everyone can relate to, but if you want a player that gives 100 per cent effort each and every game, and rarely makes a massive blue, then Molan is that player

Charlie Molan
SNAPSHOT: "Arguably the most well-balanced player in terms of footballing traits, Molan puts out consistent four-quarter efforts and can play anywhere on the field, making him the most versatile player going around."

Charlie Molan is a coach's dream. The Greater Western Victoria (GWV) Rebels utility is the ultimate team player and one of the most guaranteed locks for playing a role his side needs. His defensive accountability, work rate and versatility make him perfect as that plug-and-play type who can go in any position on the field, and make few mistakes. He might not be the most flashy player and create those memorable offensive moments that everyone can relate to, but if you want a player that gives 100 per cent effort each and every game, and rarely makes a massive blue, then Molan is that player
Kennedy, will setterfield and Plowman are already enough types who don't possess enough hurt Factor..... IF Charlie Molan[186 cm ] was fast and could Lockdown in a back pocket on a very quick player like Charlie Cameron or Luke Ryan we should recruit him..... I love the attributes he brings but I'm afraid at AFL level he won't have the tools to make him a standout
But given his all-round game I would invite him down to compete for an ssp spot
maybe is the next Brett ratten, Wayne Johnston..... Although Johnson always did possess natural brilliance and an extremely damaging left for Kick for goal even at VFA Level

Charlie Molan

In watching Molan I get Ed Curnow vibes. He's slightly taller (4cm) but does he have the attribute that separates Ed from so many other similar types in elite endurance?

Charlie Molan

Internally, Milan was thought to be the best all round player on the GRWV list. They had four guys taken in the top 30 - he’s definitely worth a look.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back