Analysis Carlton Football Club Off Field - Opinion, Analysis and News

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, seems a lot of anger toward the board so we might as well discuss it.

Mark LoGuidice (Managing Director Crawfords group)
Jeannie Pratt (co-chairperson Visy)
Marcus Clarke (Barrister)
Zac Fried (director Spotlight group)
Ahmed Fahour (CEO Australia Post)
Adrian Gleeson (Financial planner)
Raph geminder (Executive chairman Pact Group)
Greg lee (Director recruitment)
Luke Sayers (CEO Pwc Australia)
Craig Matheson (CEO matheson Group)

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/club/board

Who goes, who stays?

To me the recent appointments and action by the club has been promising, but the group think seems to want blood. I'd be interested to hear ideas about replacements.
President- TL15
Vice Presidents- ODN, The Sheik
Board- Reg Lower, MEB, Biggus, Thy, Balkan, Pepalenko, Lance Romance & Jabba

President- TL15
Vice Presidents- ODN, The Sheik
Board- Reg Lower, MEB, Biggus, Thy, Balkan, Pepalenko, Lance Romance & Jabba

I'm glad that I've got a gig in your proposed board, there would be some incredible meetings taking place amongst that lot and I wouldn't want to miss one of them. ;)

Might make some progress too !!

I refuse to work with Sheik until he cleans up out front.

camel-parking.jpg

Okay, seems a lot of anger toward the board so we might as well discuss it.

Mark LoGuidice (Managing Director Crawfords group)
Jeannie Pratt (co-chairperson Visy)
Marcus Clarke (Barrister)
Zac Fried (director Spotlight group)
Ahmed Fahour (CEO Australia Post)
Adrian Gleeson (Financial planner)
Raph geminder (Executive chairman Pact Group)
Greg lee (Director recruitment)
Luke Sayers (CEO Pwc Australia)
Craig Matheson (CEO matheson Group)

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/club/board

Who goes, who stays?

To me the recent appointments and action by the club has been promising, but the group think seems to want blood. I'd be interested to hear ideas about replacements.
I would actually like Raph in some sort of membership interaction role. He had that interaction with some of us on here back when he first joined the board... before he got a massive slap on the wrist for talking to the plebs about s**t thats happening at the club.

I'll keep yaz, doc, cripps, buckley, menzel, boaky, casey, whiley and jaksch. The rest can get on the next boat out.
Umm... you are not allowed to keep those boys... they all have partners or wives and they would get bored locked in your back room!

I would actually like Raph in some sort of membership interaction role. He had that interaction with some of us on here back when he first joined the board... before he got a massive slap on the wrist for talking to the plebs about s**t thats happening at the club.

Interesting. Didn't know that, How did he go? I know very little about him.

Interesting. Didn't know that, How did he go? I know very little about him.
he let a whole bunch of us pose questions to him about the club, it's direction and our plans for the future and answered them honestly. It was a really good interaction with someone at the board level who was interested in getting feedback from the grass roots supporter. I think that his profile has been deleted now and the video got taken down damn quickly. As I said... he wanted to get us supporters involved and got a slap on the wrist for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he let a whole bunch of us pose questions to him about the club, it's direction and our plans for the future and answered them honestly. It was a really good interaction with someone at the board level who was interested in getting feedback from the grass roots supporter. I think that his profile has been deleted now and the video got taken down damn quickly. As I said... he wanted to get us supporters involved and got a slap on the wrist for it.

And he came across as a very down to earth person who genuinely cares about the club.

Cheers mate :thumbsu: It's a shame there isn't some degree of interaction still, particularly with the Membership complaints file spanning 27 volumes. I get the need for no leaks- but another reactive decision, no doubt from the 'sneaky leaker' times.

Our social media department are completely pathetic. Doc signs on for three years still nothing on any social media pages or our official website.

Take a look at the Collingwood social media profiles currently with Jamie Elliot signing. Now that's how you do it.

I'm sure they all genuinely care, it's just that when you come from a certain environment, you generally see things a certain way...
I dont think that Ruffy is at all like that. Both in his interactions with the people on the board here and when he was answering the questions he picked from those posed by us guys here... he just came across as a very friendly person who cared about what we thought about the club as much as caring about the club himself.

Our social media department are completely pathetic. Doc signs on for three years still nothing on any social media pages or our official website.

Take a look at the Collingwood social media profiles currently with Jamie Elliot signing. Now that's how you do it.
ODN and I have tried getting in touch with them regarding the podcast and haven't heard diddly squat back. Not even a token response.

See, this is something that I could absolutely help with. I have degrees in Internet Communications as well as professional writing and editing. I'm also most of the way through a proper marketing degree and have an invite into an MBA when ready to join. Yet a pleb like me wouldn't get a second look in at that type of a role. Organisations generally hire from within in these types of roles. Collingwood was one of the rare examples of advertising on Seek. Had I not been a passionate Carlton supporter I would have gone for that role. It's also why I'm not surprised that they've shown no interest in the BF Blues podcast.

Who'd think a podcast by the fans for the fans would be successful? It's such a bizarre idea. /s

It never ceases to amaze me how amateur professional Australian sports websites are. It's not just Carlton, it's literally everywhere.

Last edited:

I'm sure somebodies nephew will be sorting this out any day now.

You should still have applied, Wickster. Be good to have had our man inside Collingwood, Wiki-leaks style.

Haha. I believe that they ended up hiring a Bulldogs and a Hawks fan so they probably would have considered my application as they hired genuinely on the best available. There's a reason as much as I loathe the Pies they're as professional an organisation as they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back