Analysis Carlton Football Club Off Field - Opinion, Analysis and News

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah soz ODN missed your post. You can still get them via email.

It's okay. I submitted without a name attached and they didn't select my question. It was really just an observation about the club taking a stronger stance when powerbrokers like Mathieson come out and make statements about who should stay and who should go, instead of appearing to actually follow those suggestions down the track.

Don't know if this has been posted before, but a good read.
http://www.pressreader.com/australia/herald-sun/20150514/283317520992302/TextView

Those of you who continue to pay memberships and attend games are reinforcing the position of Bruce Mathieson.

I strongly recommend those with memberships return them, cancel your payment plans and don't go to games. Otherwise you are facilitating the further subversion of the club by powerful interests.

The only thing that will bring the stinking mess down is a crisis.

I'll be buying a membership for as long as I can afford one. Dropping your membership reminds me of those "don't buy petrol today" schemes that attempt to break petrol company price rorting. It doesn't work. What will work is decision making by people who can see the results aren't improving and something needs to be done.

I'll be buying a membership for as long as I can afford one. Dropping your membership reminds me of those "don't buy petrol today" schemes that attempt to break petrol company price rorting. It doesn't work. What will work is decision making by people who can see the results aren't improving and something needs to be done.

It's not your club anymore Thy. Maybe it never was but they've organised the constitution to entrench the current power structure. Locking you, me and every other Carlton supporter out of the future of the club.

They have not earned the right to do that, they've taken it.

If we were winning flags you wouldn't care if this bloke was in charge

leader-jong-un-korean-kim.si.jpg

http://www.pressreader.com/australia/herald-sun/20150514/283317520992302/TextView

Those of you who continue to pay memberships and attend games are reinforcing the position of Bruce Mathieson.

I strongly recommend those with memberships return them, cancel your payment plans and don't go to games. Otherwise you are facilitating the further subversion of the club by powerful interests.

Let's just close the club down, that'll show them.

It's not your club anymore Thy. Maybe it never was but they've organised the constitution to entrench the current power structure. Locking you, me and every other Carlton supporter out of the future of the club.

They have not earned the right to do that, they've taken it.

Here is the link for details on how to nominate yourself or someone else for the board

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/Carlton/Documents/ConstitutionOfCarltonFootballClubLtd.PDF#page=18&zoom=auto,447,703

I'd encourage you to do it, as you seem passionate about it. the Independent Nominations committee can make a recommendation on your nomination, but it is still up to the voting members to decide if you are in or out. You would probably need to take your crusade to social media if you weren't recommended. No-one is locked out though. Deadline dates are in the document.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just close the club down, that'll show them.

.......if the club belongs only to MLG and who his group decides is good enough to run it, then it's already gone.

Carlton board members (on other sites) have labelled Blues members apathetic, that's what they rely on.

The results we have now belong to the people running the club now, but you're happy to keep letting them run it.................it's insanity.

Here is the link for details on how to nominate yourself or someone else for the board

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/Carlton/Documents/ConstitutionOfCarltonFootballClubLtd.PDF#page=18&zoom=auto,447,703

I'd encourage you to do it, as you seem passionate about it. the Independant Nominations committee can maka recommendation on your nomination, but it is still up to the voting members to decide if you are in or out. You would probably need to take your crusade to social media if you weren't recommended. No-one is locked out though. Deadline dates are in the document.

As an interstate resident I don't have voting rights, those were taken away a couple of years ago.

Why does the INC exist?

As an interstate resident I don't have voting rights, those were taken away a couple of years ago.

Why does the INC exist?

My understanding is that left to it's own devices, the board was dysfunctional, because there was no way of bringing a particular skill set in. Too may CEO's and accountants, not enough variety.

Contender for worst post of the year.
You are entitled to be disillusioned, I am, but completely turning your back on the club when it needs all the support it can get shows you are not 'true' supporter. Grow up.

Mass exodus of Carlton staff continues

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mass-exodus-of-carlton-staff-continues-20150521-gh6ytz.html

PULLING THE TRIGG-ER

KEY INS AT CARLTON SINCE STEVEN TRIGG BEGAN (August, 2014)

• Nigel Clark (Chief Commercial Officer)
  • Simon Kelleher (Chief Financial Officer)
  • Stephen Silvagni (list management and recruiting boss)
KEY OUTS FROM CARLTON SINCE TRIGG BEGAN

• Jason Reddick (Chief Financial Officer and interim CEO in '14) RESIGNED
  • Anthony Barham (director sales and sponsorship) RESIGNED
  • Shane Rogers (national recruiting manager) RESIGNED
  • Clinton Bown (general manager consumer business) RESIGNED

Mass exodus of Carlton staff continues

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mass-exodus-of-carlton-staff-continues-20150521-gh6ytz.html

PULLING THE TRIGG-ER

KEY INS AT CARLTON SINCE STEVEN TRIGG BEGAN (August, 2014)

• Nigel Clark (Chief Commercial Officer)
  • Simon Kelleher (Chief Financial Officer)
  • Stephen Silvagni (list management and recruiting boss)
KEY OUTS FROM CARLTON SINCE TRIGG BEGAN

• Jason Reddick (Chief Financial Officer and interim CEO in '14) RESIGNED
  • Anthony Barham (director sales and sponsorship) RESIGNED
  • Shane Rogers (national recruiting manager) RESIGNED
  • Clinton Bown (general manager consumer business) RESIGNED
Old old old old old old old old old. News

Remove this Banner Ad

Back