Carlton Football Club Team List and Contract Status

Bluebear

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
*This thread is only to be used to update the list and contract status & not intended for general discussion.

Discussion of the list/players etc can be discussed in their appropriate player threads.

Notes
1. ND draftees are assumed to have signed a standard 2 year contract, unless otherwise stated
2. Rookie listed players are assumed to be on a standard 1 year contract, unless otherwise stated
3. Not every player has information on their contract publicly available. This is particularly the case for players traded in. These players have been left blank.

As at 7th November 2019

NEW (Traded in)
:-

Eddie Betts
Mark Pittonett

DFA
Jack Newnes

ROOKIES
40. Michael Gibbons
44. Matt Owies (Cat B International Rookie)
Hugh Goddard
46. Matthew Cottrell

7. Matthew Kennedy
16 Darcy Lang
22. Caleb Marchbank
24. Nic Newman

Marc Murphy
6. Kade Simpson (Veteran from 2015)
Matthew Kreuzer
20. Lachie Plowman
26. Harrison Macreadie
29. Cameron Polson
31. Tom Williamson
35. Ed Curnow
37. Ben Silvagni
38. Finbar O'Dwyer
40. Michael Gibbons (Rookie)
41. Levi Casboult
45. Hugh Goddard (Rookie)
46. Matthew Cottrell (Rookie)
Jack Newnes ?

Jack Silvagni
4. Lochie O'Brien
5. Sam Petrevski-Seton
9. Patrick Cripps
10. Harry McKay
12. Tom De Koning
15. Sam Docherty
23. Jacob Weitering
25. Zac Fisher

Paddy Dow
13. Liam Stocker
14. Liam Jones
18. Sam Walsh
28. David Cuningham
43. Will Setterfield

Mitch McGovern
30. Charlie Curnow

2019/2020 List consists of:-

35 Senior players
3 Category A Rookies
0 Category A International Rookie
1 Category B International Rookie
0 Category B Rookies

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bosustow

Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Ham
That list looks about right right, although I must admit Gibbsy being signed for 3 years is something I was not aware off. Hope it's true though because the opponents he has to line up against, it was a pretty good year for the guy. Selwood might have won the rising star award, but I bet he didn't have to compete amongst the best going around. Bring on 2008!

Bluebear

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
That list looks about right right, although I must admit Gibbsy being signed for 3 years is something I was not aware off. Hope it's true though because the opponents he has to line up against, it was a pretty good year for the guy. Selwood might have won the rising star award, but I bet he didn't have to compete amongst the best going around. Bring on 2008!
I couldn't be 100% sure, but one of the list discussions earlier, someone who seemed to know BG or his family posted it........possibly someone from CFC......I'll try and dig it up.

bibi01 said:
Nominated Rookie- here is an explination of the rules around it.
http://csc.actebs.com.au/modules.php...ewtopic&t=9052
Cheers mate -thread updated.

Bosustow

Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Ham
I couldn't be 100% sure, but one of the list discussions earlier, someone who seemed to know BG or his family posted it........possibly someone from CFC......I'll try and dig it up.
I've been following the Blues for 29 years now, and all the good players have the same characteristics as Gibbsy, they seem to have an eternity in their decision making. I can't wait to see this guy in a couple of years, and I must admit the same goes for Murphy. I read a lot of negative crap, but really there is a lot to be excited about, we all must be a bit more patient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bluebear

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
can some1 fill me in about the scholarship how that works can any other afl team draft them
As far as I know when they reach draftable age (they are usually about 15y.o.) we have first pick with them.

Not sure whether they go onto our rookie list or whether a bidding system ala father-son takes place in the ND.
Someone may be able to clarify, but I'm sure we get first crack at them.:thumbsu:

Sockit151

All Australian
Apr 26, 2006
Swan Hill
AFL Club
Carlton
Not too many out of contract if that list is accurate..(sorry i'm sure it is, didn't mean to be rude)
How many more do we need to delist this year??
Saddinton and Bannister look in a bit of trouble and maybe Lance too, althought if we can get the team firing and have him as a 3rd or 4th option in a pocket i'm sure he could still be valuable?

Bluebear

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Not too many out of contract if that list is accurate..
How many do we need to delist this year??
Saddinton and Russell look in a bit of trouble and maybe Lance too, althought if we can get the team firing and have him as a 3rd or 4th option in a pocket i'm sure he could still be valuable?
Must say I'm a little disappointed in this comment.:p

Bluebear

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

BlueBelle

Chief Bluebagger
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
This hasn't been announced yet but Shaun Grigg told me on Sunday that the club is giving him the number 12 guernsey. He actually received the phone call confirming it when I was talking to him!

Bluebear

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
This hasn't been announced yet but Shaun Grigg told me on Sunday that the club is giving him the number 12 guernsey. He actually received the phone call confirming it when I was talking to him!
Not that I doubt you BG........but why?
He has 16 - is 12 his lucky number?
I could understand if he had number 40 something, but it seems a bit odd.

BlueBelle

Chief Bluebagger
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
In a year?
Fair enough.

Wonder if Carrazzo wants to move up or if he'll keep 44.........I think it suits him.
Again, I thought the same thing but from what I could tell, Grigga has settled in quite well and gets along really well with all of the boys. Andy Walker even left him with his brand new car whilst he is overseas!

Just quoting what he told me :)

Top Bottom