Banter Carlton Football Club, where paying Martin $900k for his 2020 season is acceptable. Jack Martin that is.. avg 13.5 disposals @ $66,666 per disposal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like carlton supporters but they are still people and derserve some sympathy

Agree with the sentiment, but I think it's called 'pity', not sympathy.

Sympathy is for misfortune, pity is for being pathetic.

Mabe its both

It's a valid question.

Is Carlton more deserving of Pity, Sympathy, or both...

Also worth factoring in that their problems stem from their own cheating, so do they really deserve either?

That smell is the huge pot of sh*t you guys have had shimmering on the stove for over a decade.

View attachment 1074000
More than familiar with what that smell was...and it isn’t what I’m smelling here.. I know fear when I smell it.
Something I have smelled from the opposition for longer than you I am certain.

I do not like carlton supporters but they are still people and derserve some sympathy

I was absolutley disgusted and angry at what Sos did to that club so since i dont visit their board ever I would just like say im sorry you are so sh*t .

Cheers Rammbo
I have the opposite view on both your points;)

I smell your fear...must add, it smells bitter

I suppose there is always plenty to be concerned about at the start of a new season, some might even go so far as to fear.

How we'll adapt to rule changes, How Geelong topping up players will go, the potential for injuries, emerging clubs like Port, Brisbane and St Kilda...There is plenty to consider with trepidation.

Carlton isn't even close to being on that list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 37 year drought exceeds 25years by a long way.

An average AFL club wins a Premiership every 18 seasons.

Carlton however are a below average AFL club, probably by orders of magnitude, but let’s be kind and say by a factor of 1.5.

So 25 years since you won one, and an average expectancy of 27 years until your next Premiership. That is 52 years, which far exceeds our 37 year drought.

But back in the here and now because your next Premiership may never happen. What is going to happen is that right on time at 7.25pm on Thursday 18 March, 2021 the so called Teague Train will be pulling into Reality Check Station, Richmond. At approximately 10pm the Teague Train will depart said station for a place called oblivion. Where it belongs. 😁

Carlton however are a below average AFL club, probably by orders of magnitude, but let’s be kind and say by a factor of 1.5.

So 25 years since you won one, and an average expectancy of 27 years until your next Premiership. That is 52 years, which far exceeds our 37 year drought.

But back in the here and now because your next Premiership may never happen. What is going to happen is that right on time at 7.25pm on Thursday 18 March, 2021 the so called Teague Train will be pulling into Reality Check Station, Richmond. At approximately 10pm the Teague Train will depart said station for a place called oblivion. Where it belongs. 😁
The melts Thursday night are always the best.

what a lot of dribble...making a fool of yourself quoting those ridiculous stats.

what a lot of dribble...making a fool of yourself quoting those ridiculous stats.

True,

Now that Carlton aren't allowed to cheat, their entire history of 'premierships' is null and void when trying to determine when they're going to win their first LEGITIMATE flag.

It's like Freo, but sadder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back