Banter Carlton Football Club, where paying Martin $900k for his 2020 season is acceptable. Jack Martin that is.. avg 13.5 disposals @ $66,666 per disposal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some rocks are worth much more than others, as are GFs. That's just how it is.
16-13 and in front head to head that's how it is, now stop bothering me with your pissant we've been good lately bullshit! Carlton have owned Richmond in this for as long as I've been alive. Take it like a man or a boy, that's on you!

16-13 and in front head to head that's how it is, now stop bothering me with your pissant we've been good lately bullshit! Carlton have owned Richmond in this for as long as I've been alive. Take it like a man or a boy, that's on you!
I don't have to take anything, I'm loving the last four years. :). recent memory is a beautiful thing. come back to when you have one to boast about.

So it seems these guys actually think 32 goals in 19 games is a good return for a full forward on a million dollars a year. Suppose Richmond supporters have been hearing a lot about wasted money given how much Hardwick will have to pay out soon for a lot less in return?

Now if you were harbouring on your list say Peter Hudson in his heyday, this commentary may make some sense.

But Lynch in a COVID reduced season length/game length has dead set lapped anything any of your spuds have achieved goal kicking wise in recent history including the full season in 2019.

It hurts hey. What is it, a quarter of a century now ?
Twenty five years. Wow. Year after year. A new season. A new hope. You can almost taste it. But then it turns to ashes in your mouth. Again. Yet again. Where is the bloody microwave ??

Trust me mate, we feel your pain. Every one of us here knows what that's like and worse. You look back at the tapes and it's so long ago their hair looks funny and out of fashion. The skills are funny. Hell, they're wearing woolen jumpers it seems like. And long sleeves! Some blokes even have their socks pulled right up. They look so un-athletic with sos-sage legs, those premiership champions of yesteryear.

It's like it's a generation ago since your own held up that cup to hear the mighty roar. Maybe getting on for two generations. Youve watched other teams do it, some of them enjoying season after season at the top. Then, having started your own family, your kids start looking at you funny and wonder why ? Why bother ? Change teams Dad. They're too young to understand. They don't know what it's like. But you do. You do bother. You do care. Surely, this is our year ! If you hang in long enough not to become truly bitter and twisted (sportwise) surely the winds of change will blow like KB's yester-hair...

Time flies. Winter's come and go. You get used to booking your Bali trip for September because you might catch a glimpse of some of the players and their beautiful girlfriends. Maybe even you get a selfie with a fringe player.

The kids grow up, go to school, uni (except for Collingwoods), get jobs, marry, have family of their own but the ONE thing that doesn't change, the one constant is the cold wind blowing through the locker room at $ponsors name/Packaging Park.

That cruel wind picking up stray plastic Danny Darko bags and blowing them down the sepia lined corridors of the decaying Parkville Palace until they come to rest up against the cobwebbed/Dusty (see what I did there) trophy cabinet in the boot studder's storeroom, behind the shipping containers, out in the carpark.

It's ok. We feel you. We've BEEN there. And worse. (See you can actually start a sentence with And. You just use a capital A. Just think of John Elliot, he was a capital A).

But there is hope. I'm here to let you know that when it DOES happen, when the tsunami carrying your bannedwagon smashes and the damn wall breaks and the glorious flood of VICTORY comes and when Kade Simpson III (fourth round grandfather/father/son selection) finally holds the Tesla holgram premiership cup aloft, it feels...

...it feels...

...******* fantastic.

No, I mean REALLY ******* FANTASTIC. All of a sudden you're shitting strawberries and pissing champagne. Life is SO GOOD.

All your old injuries/injustices come good.

But, the best and most unexpected thing, is that ALL the years of pain, all the yearning, all the heartache inflicted by the enemies, the AFL, the umpires, Eddie McGuire, SHocking, HRH Lady Luck, injuries, the Rules of the Game committee, Foxtell, expansion RoboCop teams compromising draft after draft, irrational Eagles fans, the umpires, dodgy club admins, crap recruitment managers, Covid 19, Covid 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 and InnescapableSwineFlu30 and finally, the unpires. All of that hurt goes. It just floats away like a zephyr set free into the ether...ok ok I'm waxing lyrical.

It just goes and all those years of agony don't mean shiz. They magically disperse and the big fat four'n'twenty sized hole in your heart is filled with pure, unadulterated Joy.

I'd say it's almost seemingly endless, especially if your club turns it into a giant pisstake season after season and all of a sudden everybody's second team is a Dynasty ! Ahh the LOLS. You see because we were everyone's second team, EVERYONE is SO happy for us that we're now buying our Silvo polish in bulk.

(Ok that last bit didn't happen...can't think why).

Suddenly, at the start of season, instead of hoping "this is our year", you find yourself thinking "surely we couldn't do it again this year could we ?" It's funny because it's true, you do win it again that year. Oh the LOLs

So it's ok man. Everything will be OK. That bitterness you feel now, will eventually twist itself around your soul like a gnarled 100 year grapevine as thick as Dusty's thigh until finally, finally, way off in the future you get your happy release.

We feel you. I just want to give you a big hug and let you know it will be ok.

It will be.

No really.

It will.

(Are they gone ?)

ROFL.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twenty five years. Wow. Year after year. A new season. A new hope. You can almost taste it. But then it turns to ashes in your mouth. Again. Yet again. Where is the bloody microwave ??

Trust me mate, we feel your pain. Every one of us here know what that's like and worse. You look back at the tapes and it's so long ago their hair looks funny and out of fashion. The skills are funny. Hell, they're wearing woolen jumpers it seems like. And long sleeves! Some blokes even have their socks pulled right up. They look so un-athletic with sos-sage legs, those premiership champions of yesteryear.

It's like it's a generation ago since your own held up that cup to hear the mighty roar. Maybe getting on for two generations. Youve watched other teams do it, some of them enjoying season after season at the top. Then, having started your own family, your kids start looking at you funny and wonder why ? Why bother ? Change teams Dad. They're too young to understand. They don't know what it's like. But you do. You do bother. You do care. Surely, this is our year ! If you hang in long enough not to become truly bitter and twisted (sportwise) surely the winds of change will blow like KB's yester-hair...

Time flies. Winter's come and go. You get used to booking your Bali trip for September because you might catch a glimpse of some of the players and their beautiful girlfriends. Maybe even you get a selfie with a fringe player.

The kids grow up, go to school, uni (except for Collingwoods), get jobs, marry, have family of their own but the ONE thing that doesn't change, the one constant is the cold wind blowing through the locker room at $ponsors name/Packaging Park.

That cruel wind picking up stray plastic Danny Darko bags and blowing them down the sepia lined corridors of the decaying Parkville Palace until they come to rest up against the cobwebbed/Dusty (see what I did there) trophy cabinet in the boot studder's storeroom, behind the shipping containers, out in the carpark.

It's ok. We feel you. We've BEEN there. And worse. (See you can actually start a sentence with And. You just use a capital A. Just think of John Elliot, he was a capital A).

But there is hope. I'm here to let you know that when it DOES happen, when the tsunami carrying your bannedwagon smashes and the damn wall breaks and the glorious flood of VICTORY comes and when Kade Simpson III (fourth round grandfather/father/son selection) finally holds the Tesla holgram premiership cup aloft, it feels...

...it feels...

...******* fantastic.

No, I mean REALLY ******* FANTASTIC. All of a sudden you're shitting strawberries and pissing champagne. Life is SO GOOD.

But, the best and most unexpected thing, is that ALL the years of pain, all the yearning, all the heartache inflicted by the enemies, the AFL, the umpires, Eddie McGuire, SHocking, HRH Lady Luck, injuries, the Rules of the Game committee, Foxtell, expansion RoboCop teams compromising draft after draft, irrational Eagles fans, the umpires, dodgy club admins, crap recruitment managers, Covid 19, Covid 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 and InnescapableSwineFlu30 and finally, the unpires. All of that hurt goes. It just floats away like a zephyr set free into the ether...ok ok I'm waxing lyrical.

It just goes and all those years of agony don't mean shiz. They magically disperse and the big fat four'n'twenty sized hole in your heart is filled with pure, unadulterated Joy.

I'd say it's almost seemingly endless, especially if your club turns it into a giant pisstake season after season and all of a sudden everybody's second team is a Dynasty ! Ahh the LOLS. You see because we were everyone's second team, EVERYONE is SO happy for us that we're now buying our Silvo polish in bulk.

Suddenly, at the start of season, instead of hoping "this is our year", you find yourself thinking "surely we couldn't do it again this year could we ?" It's funny because it's true, you do win it again that year. Oh the LOLs

So it's ok man. Everything will be OK. That bitterness you feel now, will eventually twist itself around your soul like a gnarled 100 year grapevine as thick as Dusty's thigh until finally, finally, way off in the future you get your happy release.

It will be.

No really.

It will.

(Are they gone ?)

ROFL.

That was so good

1614722032725.png

I’m sure it was a privilege for Carlton winning all those flags with Jesus in the stands

Yeah you got Yazz for a bargain.
And yet we still went on to win 3 flags. Meanwhile all Carltons recruiting has achieved is more mediocrity

Trust me mate, we feel your pain. Every one of us here knows what that's like and worse. You look back at the tapes and it's so long ago their hair looks funny and out of fashion. The skills are funny. Hell, they're wearing woolen jumpers it seems like. And long sleeves! Some blokes even have their socks pulled right up. They look so un-athletic with sos-sage legs, those premiership champions of yesteryear.

...it feels...

...******* fantastic.

It will be.

No really.

It will.

(Are they gone ?)

ROFL.

get your arse to the SFA campaignery. Ripping post lol

...it feels...

...******* fantastic.

It will be.

No really.

It will.

(Are they gone ?)

ROFL.
BAT's issue is if that zephyr ever blows through Sponsors Park, he'll have been pushing up daisies for some time. Still, he can console himself in the after life with the 16 flags they won 2 centuries ago.

...it feels...

...******* fantastic.

It will be.

No really.

It will.

(Are they gone ?)

ROFL.
One crazy ass post, couldn’t read it last night, but glad l read it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back