Banter Carlton Football Club, where paying Martin $900k for his 2020 season is acceptable. Jack Martin that is.. avg 13.5 disposals @ $66,666 per disposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
You know you are starved of success when you brag about kicking a high score whilst losing a practice match.
2A48C53C-F5AE-4A76-8866-19FA29E188B5.gif

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Let’s face it, the last 20 years as a Carlton supporter haven’t been great. There’s been snippets here and there, Ratts/Judd got us to a prelim with a frenetic game style, and even though I though Ratten had a decent 2012, the Carlton coffers thought they needed a premiership coach.

We all saw how that went.

View attachment 1070275

We almost kicked a hundred points last night though, amirite!?

Guys?

Fellas?

Lads?!

Mate, sorry to parade on your reign with our double unfurling but you just lost against a team with Mason Wood in it. Ratts must be so glad he deserted your plummeting ship. 😁

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Mate, sorry to parade on your reign with our double unfurling but you just lost against a team with Mason Wood in it. Ratts must be so glad he deserted your plummeting ship. 😁
Double unfurling eh? You nasty millennials with your VHS tapes and fancy Kama Sutra positions.

Let’s talk.

Of course you do don't do drugs; you don't need to, as you're on a permanent high from the injection of stem cells harvested from Bangladeshi orphans. John Elliott has a special supply and hands out what's left over to a selected Carlton coterie. Richmond supporters are, by comparison, known for our erudition (I myself have a Phd), whereas the only education Carlton supporters have is a Certificate 111 in dodgy accounting from the Brown Paper Bag Department of Preston TAFE.

Funnily enough I also have a PhD. I guess that makes us together more qualified than the entire Carlton Department of Paper Bagology.

Royce Hafey

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2013
Point Cook
AFL Club
Richmond
Funnily enough I also have a PhD. I guess that makes us together more qualified than the entire Carlton Department of Paper Bagology.
My problem is that mine is in history, which at times brings the disturbing awareness that there was a time when Carlton used to win grand finals. But when the awareness of that fact becomes too disturbing, I just contemplate the nice bits of history, like Balmey going berzerk in 1973, which is sort of up there with remembering Mussolini hanging from his ankles in Milan in 1945 (and given the political alignment of so much of the Carlton establishment, it's a pretty apt analogy).

My problem is that mine is in history, which at times brings the disturbing awareness that there was a time when Carlton used to win grand finals. But when the awareness of that fact becomes too disturbing, I just contemplate the nice bits of history, like Balmey going berzerk in 1973, which is sort of up there with remembering Mussolini hanging from his ankles in Milan in 1945 (and given the political alignment of so much of the Carlton establishment, it's a pretty apt analogy).

Mine is in innovation, which means in Australia .... no work.

It's really useful to think about how the RFC has turned itself around. Not much use for looking at Carlton though.

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Yes but these PhDs have done nothing to prevent the paper bags being handed out at punt road...get ya s**t together!

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Went to the Blues board - what a ******* shithole
Depressing
Imagine having gone 25 years without success as a club, you'd be depressed.....oh wait nevermind

Came over to the Tigers board - what a ******* shithole
Delusional

Yes, I can see how thoughts of winning flags without cheating would destroy your mind and lead you into delusion.

Best you keep your mind on achievable things, like when you'll get your next spoon.

Maybe have a nice nap too.

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
Yes, I can see how thoughts of winning flags without cheating would destroy your mind and lead you into delusion.

Best you keep your mind on achievable things, like when you'll get your next spoon.

Maybe have a nice nap too.
I see your comprehension is at the polar opposite to your level of delusion...carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back