Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a champ you are Kouta! Gave me some of my best footballing memories as a Carlton supporter

And a true gentleman :cool:
They say never meet your heroes, not true in the case of this guy. I was lucky enough to have lunch with Kouta a couple of years ago. He was the most humble, polite bloke you would ever come across. If you didn't know AFL you would never guess that he was an absolute superstar. I didn't have the guts to tell him that I had posters of him up on my wall during my high school years when he introduced himself as Anthony. I always suspected that he was a top bloke, meeting him just confirmed this.

Great interview, loving every part of his story. Deserves every bit of praise he gets; we can't imagine what it would be like to be a whipping boy of a big Vic side. And to take it all in his stride and produce the way he is now - it's a story about more than just footy.
Also, the way Boeky played last week too makes me very confident that our coaching group and club culture is going to be able to get the best out of the individuals we have.

How good is it watching the Front Bar? Andy and Sam, with appearances from Juddy and Kouta! Just need Sam Lane and we've pretty much got The Carlton Show on free to air. Even Mick is ok as the hapless Tiger. Could only be better if the theme music was One Day in September.

Tony Shaw on Marngrook.

"Great to see Zac Touhy doing so well at Geelong. It's like he's been revitalised after being on his last legs at Carlton"

The narrative doesn't change. It's like Eddie, Waite, Jeffy etc were complete s**t trucks with us and superstars when they leave.

Don't these people watch Carlton games.
Yep.

When we trade them, they're s**t and barely worth a first round pick; when they're at their new team, regardless of how well they're playing, they're reinvented/reinvigorated.

Pretty lazy, but expecting the media to have a memory beyond that of last week is pretty silly if you ask me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would just like to post this clip from the Fisher article:

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/rookie-diary-zac-fisher/

''When at the club, I try to follow Marc Murphy around and learn from him. I think we have similar playing styles with regards to skill and size. He’s such a hard worker and he is very professional in the way he prepares and trains. The younger players learn things from just being around him. He’s a great role model, on and off the field.''

Would just like to post this clip from the Fisher article:

''When at the club, I try to follow Marc Murphy around and learn from him. I think we have similar playing styles with regards to skill and size. He’s such a hard worker and he is very professional in the way he prepares and trains. The younger players learn things from just being around him. He’s a great role model, on and off the field.''

Wonder what he'd say if it was Cripps or Docherty instead of Murphy?

Fisher is very likeable on and off the field.
Very happy to have him around our club.

Caught the end of a discussion on sen. Apparently Lloyd has a problem with Carlton again. Can anyone enlighten me on this bananas comments?

Apparently we should all be in a huge panic that for the second year in a row our young kids have tired towards the end of the season.

Apparently we should all be in a huge panic that for the second year in a row our young kids have tired towards the end of the season.

Phhheewwwww that's a relief ... for minute I thought we were 1.7 years into a 3 year rebuild ...

Knob

Yep, pulled the same sort of thing on whatever that TV show he's on (Footy Classified?) last night.

Was asked if our performance on Sunday was indicative of kids getting tired at the end of the season, important players missing through injury, or a product of a gameplan that's too focused on defense.

In typical Lloyd fashion his response was basically "yeah, all of that". Seems to think we should be concerned.

I'd be more concerned if he didn't look like a kid lost in the supermarket whenever he was asked a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back