Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree with Waldron.

- GWS's 2nd rounder from 2017 would have played twice as many games as Kerr by now

- why did we match GWS's bid on Macreadie?

- why did we give West Coast our pick 20 in 2008 in exchange for Judd joining our board?

- SOS doesn't get on well with his butcher following 'SOSAJgate'

- we will not acquire Kennedy because SOS cannot think of anyway to satisfy GWS. Has no experience in this. Kennedy will end up at Brisbane in the PSD. With Jason Tutt.

- if we do not make the finals before 2034, Bolton should have no more than 17 more seasons to compete the reset. If that happens, Bolton will be gone... But only because we didn't take Tim Watson's advice to give him a standard contact.

:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How embarrassing for Waldron.
The Hawks trade netted us Macreadie, Williamson and Kerr. The pick we got rid of I believe is #34 this year that currently sits with Port.
He seems to be of the opinion that it's this year's 2nd or nothing. Forgetting that we have #40 and forgetting that we have 2018 2nd.
Also, why couldn't Kennedy tell Brisbane (and GC who he forgets to mention) that he doesn't want to move to QLD if GWS walk him the PSD? It certainly wouldn't be unprecedented. Why do SOS and Matthews need to be friends? It hasn't harmed any previous trades (unless this is the first year the Matthews has been in the role?). It wouldn't look great for Gibbs to come out publicly and ask to go, but there's no reason these conversations can't happen internally. I think Gibbs and the BLues both showed last year that they can handle the whole thing maturely if it fell over again.

Finally, the comments about Bolton at the end are just odd. Losing Gibbs doesn't change Bolton's position, nor result in another rebuild.
Geez Louise!

Also, why couldn't Kennedy tell Brisbane (and GC who he forgets to mention) that he doesn't want to move to QLD if GWS walk him the PSD?

I don't reckon Kennedy is the kind of guy that would go through with that. I think if he went to the PSD and Bris or GCS picked him up he'd go to them without complaint and give his all, he just seems like that kind of guy. Which is why SOS will make the trade happen (and big bodied, run through the midfield, yada yada...)

LOt6aDn.gif

I don't reckon Kennedy is the kind of guy that would go through with that. I think if he went to the PSD and Bris or GCS picked him up he'd go to them without complaint and give his all, he just seems like that kind of guy. Which is why SOS will make the trade happen (and big bodied, run through the midfield, yada yada...)
Unless you know him, I'm not sure you can make that call. Even then, don't think there's much harm in saying that he doesn't like QLD and doesn't want to live there. Hardly makes him a bad person.

Macreadie, Kerr and Williamson are worth more than kennedy on his own and waldron might get egg on his face if we land all 4 for this years 2nd and 3rd round pick
I bet he looked at the draft and saw we didn't 'use' pick 70 without realising the picks all came in because academy and father son bidding.

Was named after Brent Crosswell & supported Carlton as a kid.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2017-10-17/stantons-carlton-connection

IF you’re under any illusions as to how vociferously Brent Stanton’s family supported Carlton, ponder the christian name they gave this football club’s recently appointed development coach on the day of his birth on the first day of May back in 1986.

“I know I was named after Brent Crosswell. That’s how far back the connection goes,” Stanton said this week.
“I was a Carlton supporter as a kid, and I suppose the rule in our household was that if you weren’t a Carlton supporter you couldn’t live at home”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back