Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why this is so consistently brought up and criticised in the media. So what if his contract doesn't have an expriry? If anything I'd say it's a positive. No deadline for the coach to keep an eye on, if some negative situations arise it's easier for the club to move on. Yet it seems to get brought up rather frequently.

Not saying this interview was a criticism or anything, but have seen it several times throughout the season and it always grinds my gears.
Id say either the media dont get it, or they dont like it.

You have to appreciate how many news stories come out of the contract renewing process of players and coaches - coaches in particular, if there isnt word of them being resigned 12 months ahead of the contract extension then they start floating the idea of the coach being under a lot of pressure and/or he will be sacked.

I sometimes wonder if the media are actually the cause of coaches being sacked due to the ridiculous amount of pressure and hysteria their stories create. It takes just one person to ask the question and then all the other journos jump on it.

Wonder who their “bunny” will be next year - the season will usually start with a news story such as “Which AFL coaches are under pressure to perform this year” and will snowball from there as the season plays out.

Have a look at Buckley and Hardwicks situations.... Dimma would seriously have been considered being let go last year id say - now hes a Richmond hero.

I recon the media dont like the setup between Bolts and CFC cause there isnt an opening in their to ask the question in regards to contract renewal time.

Just my view...

Id say either the media dont get it, or they dont like it.

You have to appreciate how many news stories come out of the contract renewing process of players and coaches - coaches in particular, if there isnt word of them being resigned 12 months ahead of the contract extension then they start floating the idea of the coach being under a lot of pressure and/or he will be sacked.

I sometimes wonder if the media are actually the cause of coaches being sacked due to the ridiculous amount of pressure and hysteria their stories create. It takes just one person to ask the question and then all the other journos jump on it.

Wonder who their “bunny” will be next year - the season will usually start with a news story such as “Which AFL coaches are under pressure to perform this year” and will snowball from there as the season plays out.

Have a look at Buckley and Hardwicks situations.... Dimma would seriously have been considered being let go last year id say - now hes a Richmond hero.

I recon the media dont like the setup between Bolts and CFC cause there isnt an opening in their to ask the question in regards to contract renewal time.

Just my view...
Uncomfortable with the thought of the media deciding whose coaching position is untenable. Would hope that the clubs internal processes are already well aware of the situation.

Clubs need to be able to focus on themselves and what they are doing, not the media.

Wow, Kate be like...
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doc is a champ .... I knew he would use this year as a positive experience, despite being gutted he can't play.

Good on you champ! :thumbsu::thumbsu:
We dont really know what he is thinking though.

Youd expect him to say all those things about growing improving this year, BUT the news about Shwatta being suicidal in a premieeship year has me rethinking how much stock we can put into what players say to the outside world.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

We dont really know what he is thinking though.

Youd expect him to say all those things about growing improving this year, BUT the news about Shwatta being suicidal in a premieeship year has me rethinking how much stock we can put into what players say to the outside world.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
McVeigh swore they were vitamins

I loved the romanticism of Jack's selection and love the family but I want them to stop putting him front and centre of our youth resurgence now.

Jack's output needs to go up this year for him to be a definite best 22 player. We have depth. He is a third tall/flanker who lacks pace so needs to rely on guile and positioning. I desperately want him to succeed in a big way and I think we probably need to stop pumping up his tyres, let him concentrate on his game and put players who have shown a little more front and centre.

Don't get me wrong. He's a personable young player but I think the saturation will bring as much heat as praise on him.

Possibly behind that damn paywall.

If it is, just type the title into Google.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/63b18e0b0db72697918b9bf8e15617d8

Carlton recruit Matthew Kennedy says it was a ‘no-brainer’ to join the Blues

The 20-year-old is thriving at his new club and acknowledges it was a “no-brainer” choosing Carlton as his new home when he sought fresh opportunities at the end of the season.
A number of rival clubs including Hawthorn and Essendon earmarked Kennedy as a likely trade option, but he selected the Blues after a presentation from senior coach Brendon Bolton and list manager Stephen Silvagni outlined where the club was headed.

“I saw the move as a great opportunity,” Kennedy said as he took part in the club’s week-long training camp on the Sunshine Coast.
“When they gave their presentation and showed the direction the club was going in, and the culture they are building, it was exciting.
“It was an easy decision in the end ... it felt like a no-brainer.”

These 2 :hearteyes:

3ee4dfa90d587867c78978bd8b190a32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back