Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And we offered him a contract worth around about a mil...but that was not enough to make him feel financially secure lol
Uses his family to make himself feel like less of a mercenary. He'll get found out at the cats for his lack of agility. He can GGF.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

And we offered him a contract worth around about a mil...but that was not enough to make him feel financially secure lol
Uses his family to make himself feel like less of a mercenary. He'll get found out at the cats for his lack of agility. He can GGF.

My boss offers me 110k and a "competitor" offers me 140k. It's an easy decision (and I've got 20 years of working left, not maybe 4 or 5).

Can't begrudge Touhy for looking after his future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We traded him, got a player back who on potential and injury free will possibly play seniors as our team finds its feet. We got a draft pick that assisted in getting the Marchbank deal done whom hopefully will become a 10 year stalwart in the best defence in the league.
Touhy gets a better contract than he was offered by Carlton.
To me, it's exactly been handled as it should have been in this professional era. It shows me the club has a plan it is working towards, and for that I only see positives.
Good luck to Zach, I will for one will miss the positives he brought to the Carlton side, his run, his toughness, his long kicking and those long goals. Hope the move works out well for him.
Won't miss so much his average one on one defensive abilities, something we are now addressing with our new defensive unit that is being orcastrated by one of the best one on one defenders in the history of the game.
I'm hoping that we can sit back in 10 years time and see this move as one that helped put us in a sustained period of success.
Because what we have done in the previous 15 years hasn't.

My boss offers me 110k and a "competitor" offers me 140k. It's an easy decision (and I've got 20 years of working left, not maybe 4 or 5).

True.

And in the harsh world of list management HBF is a position we have covered pretty well and Geelong has identified it as a mojor weakness .

we also wanted new talent in the door and trading Zac helps facilitate that.

So after the argy bargy everyone got what's best for them .

Tuohy starting to test my patience. You played the easiest position in a team at the bottom, a team that gave you a full time professional athletic career...just understand your place and let it go.

Bit harsh, Zee...

Zac effectively says he was low-balled, but I don't think he's overly moaning about it. Instead he says the club did what it had to do and he did what he had to do.

You could make a case that we shouldn't be paying a HBF big bikkies, but if someone else wants to, not the player's fault for accepting the offer.

Zach did say 'Almost'
So, the offer wan't insulting but had it have been any lower, it may have been. :)

We understand the game that was played, but just would have liked for it to have been handled differently.
Maybe that just wasn't possible as we had to show that we wanted Zach, even though we had a bigger scheme at hand.

Whichever way though, it worked. Zach will be happy at Geelong and getting the money he wanted and we now have Marchbank.

2E was talking about wanting to be a 1 club player and that financially he had to leave. I think a cool mil for 3 years work is pretty darn good and helps set up his future ontop of what he has already earned.

It ended up in a bit of a win-win I reckon
Unfortunately I think that comes down to how Smedts performs, because it seems like we traded in Tuohy's salary for his, at least temporarily.

That we were barely able to leverage 8-12 draft spots in a future draft in the process is a bit disappointing if Smedts isn't healthy.

True.

And in the harsh world of list management HBF is a position we have covered pretty well and Geelong has identified it as a mojor weakness .

we also wanted new talent in the door and trading Zac helps facilitate that.

So after the argy bargy everyone got what's best for them .

Hbf is not the easiest position on the ground to play!!!
Win win for both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back