Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just watch H McKay average 2 goals a game and not even get nominated for the RS.

We don't need him to break out, we just need him to keep quietly chugging along, getting match fit and beating blokes he shouldn't be able to beat yet, and we'll be fine.

I have no doubt that McKay will make it, but I’d like him to get a bag of 5 or 6 between now and the end of the year.

;)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/f8a12cf2d541868d3b18bd13990df0ae

Is it just me or are you sick of reading reports like this about "the Carlton supporters"?

Umpteen times I've read the last season or two things like "How do you expect fans to support this type of football" or "The fans want to see results of the rebuild by now".

Clearly the people who write those articles are completely out of touch with us fans. I'd say most of us are fully aware of what this rebuild is going to take are on board for the long haul. It just frustrates me that the media are speaking on my, and all of your, behalf about these supposed grievances we have at what the clubs producing. We know what we're in for and, for the next season at least, are prepared for it. What right do they have to question us? If attendances and viewership was down then sure, but Judd has said a few times on his show that our attendances and viewership is very high, especially considering our ladder position. They have no leg to stand on but are telling me that I'm not happy with the club. Kindly piss off and stop telling me how unhappy with the club I am.

Sorry for the rant but every time I read one of those sorts of articles it frustrates the hell out of me. How dare they insult us like that time and time again. And by us I mean the fans directly, not by extension of the club.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/f8a12cf2d541868d3b18bd13990df0ae

Is it just me or are you sick of reading reports like this about "the Carlton supporters"?

Umpteen times I've read the last season or two things like "How do you expect fans to support this type of football" or "The fans want to see results of the rebuild by now".

Clearly the people who write those articles are completely out of touch with us fans. I'd say most of us are fully aware of what this rebuild is going to take are on board for the long haul. It just frustrates me that the media are speaking on my, and all of your, behalf about these supposed grievances we have at what the clubs producing. We know what we're in for and, for the next season at least, are prepared for it. What right do they have to question us? If attendances and viewership was down then sure, but Judd has said a few times on his show that our attendances and viewership is very high, especially considering our ladder position. They have no leg to stand on but are telling me that I'm not happy with the club. Kindly piss off and stop telling me how unhappy with the club I am.

Sorry for the rant but every time I read one of those sorts of articles it frustrates the hell out of me. How dare they insult us like that time and time again. And by us I mean the fans directly, not by extension of the club.
I know right .
What about the 50 year old dees & saint supporters ? Haven't seen one cup between them in that time and i don't know why but their still diehard supporters ..

I’m with you it’s annoying as, we have been beaten by Melbourne who has been rebuilding for 10 years.

One look at our midfield and you can tell why we are currently struggling,

But in two years time when Fisher And SPS is getting up to 60 games and Dow And O’Brian are around 40 games as well as Cunners in the twos who should be playing and Williamson who I hope ends up being a mid. You add a couple of free agent Midfielders.

I just wished the media would shut up because all the rubbish they spout isn’t going to change a thing.

Most stupid idea I've heard in a loooong time .

Yeah, like let's just keeeeep fiddling around with the rules until we have a really awesome game that people will really love to watch....

Wait... didn't we have that once? Back before we started fiddling around with the rules? :think:

Last edited:
Whately and Robinson just now on AFL360 say that they can’t see where the improvement is coming at Carlton.

In the next breath you have to wipe the jizz off the desk after they rub themselves silly praising Essendon, after they lambasted then in a similar way that they just torched Carlton.

:rolleyes:
Also said we had no discernable gamestyle and we were giving games to blokes who wouldn't get a game at any other club.

Three years into a rebuild we are some way off where the club should be.

Didn't mention our injury list at all.

Whately and Robinson just now on AFL360 say that they can’t see where the improvement is coming at Carlton.

In the next breath you have to wipe the jizz off the desk after they rub themselves silly praising Essendon, after they lambasted then in a similar way that they just torched Carlton.

They are a joke straight out lost a lot of respect for Whateley recently.

Failed to mention we’ve got 10 players out of our best side at the moment. Of course he cant see it as it’s not on the park!

Let’s get weitering, Doch, marchbank,
Curnow, Pickett, Levi and a few others back in next year and call it then! Until then the results will be inconsistent.

Unfortunately, Whately has been drinking from the same bath water as Slobbo, Anti Carlton, even when we have shown glimpses (WC game)

I don’t expect much from the media, especially after a 15 goal drubbing..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just watch H McKay average 2 goals a game and not even get nominated for the RS.

We don't need him to break out, we just need him to keep quietly chugging along, getting match fit and beating blokes he shouldn't be able to beat yet, and we'll be fine.

Totally agree . McKay is doing ok and developing .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Too right, the day I stop supporting the Blues is the day I give the footy away altogether.
Just got to try and ignore those muppets.

Our enemies are quietly, mortally terrified that we might finally be on the right track to a sustained period of success. They desperately want us to fail, and throw that kind of sh!t out there in the hope that it will become a self-fulfilling prophesy.
Our enemies would like nothing better than to see the panic merchants within the club lose their sh!t, take control and sack Bolts, then throw away a king's ransom to replace him with Roos, or someone of his ilk. SOS to be shown the door and replaced by someone of Rogers' caliber.
No way.

**** em, **** the lot of them.

'on the tv' yeah nah.

He'll sign soon enough, the club want to know how much money they have leftover to chase a free agent. But twitter is quiet, so are the usual footy media outlets.

On Lamb, it's just petty. I would nearly bet my house that if he didn't play the antagonist against melbourne they would have accused him of being a conditional player, only lippy when the going is good.

Instead he was still doing his job, still being the antagonist when a win was off the cards.

Hats off to him, poor form from Watson.
Who really cares what that flog Watson thinks. Someone should remind him about his coaching career..

Paul Roos has a message for the Blues on OTC tonight.

Wonder what he is going to say ?

He interviewed Bolts recently. I think he's one of the stay the course brigade. We will see.

I don't think they are that wrong to be honest. I'm generalising but the fans who regularly read and post on sites like this are a bit more informed and engaged than your average Joe or Jane. Those fans are usually just standard social media users (FaceBook etc) and for lack of a better term are fair weather supporters. They might buy the membership each year but their engagement doesn't go too far beyond basic understanding. They form a vocal minority and aren't afraid of vitriolic posts online before disappearing until the next match.when journos are talking about fans, those are usually the ones they are referring to, and rightly so - they are usually the most fickle with their purchases of memberships and are therefore a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back