Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh i saw that, thanks but Ed said something to him on social media
Can't find anything on Twitter. Ed doesn't seem to have a verified account, but found one that has a few other players following it (Simmo and Charlie and others), but rarely used. Might have been deleted.

Dermie was one of the first to anoint charlie as the next big thing

Charlie is a broad-shouldered, athletic, brave CHF with a bit of swagger, a healthy dose of self-confidence and a big mop of curly hair.

I wonder why that appeals to Dermie...

2022 : Half time in the last day in September and Charlie replicates Dermie running through the huddle collecting.....

Before that Dermie planted a kiss on Billy Duckworth.

Who would be the modern day Duckworth equivalent? Probably Joel Selwood....

Before that Dermie planted a kiss on Billy Duckworth.

Who would be the modern day Duckworth equivalent? Probably Joel Selwood....
Similar spelling
Duckworth
Duckwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie is a broad-shouldered, athletic, brave CHF with a bit of swagger, a healthy dose of self-confidence and a big mop of curly hair.

I wonder why that appeals to Dermie...
I reckon the fact Dermie can't accept his big mop of curly hair is actually red and he still dyes it as a 50 something calls his self confidence into question.

That was great by Patty. I prefer that style, when you listen to that stuff you don't want to hear innane chatter, but rather how the guys actually communicate in the moment. That's what is interesting.

As for Patty, I'm surprised he has such a strong and commanding presence (or so it seems from a 2 min video) at such a young age. He was even giving advice to Levi on body position. That could be a reason why he's replaced HMac. Gives more structure to the forward half that he does.

Could he play defence? I don't want to go chopping and changing but given that leadership he's shown and giving instruction with regards to structure he'd be handy behind the ball in that sense. Suppose you'd hope our actual defenders could do that before putting a forward down to do that!

That was great by Patty. I prefer that style, when you listen to that stuff you don't want to hear innane chatter, but rather how the guys actually communicate in the moment. That's what is interesting.

As for Patty, I'm surprised he has such a strong and commanding presence (or so it seems from a 2 min video) at such a young age. He was even giving advice to Levi on body position. That could be a reason why he's replaced HMac. Gives more structure to the forward half that he does.

Could he play defence? I don't want to go chopping and changing but given that leadership he's shown and giving instruction with regards to structure he'd be handy behind the ball in that sense. Suppose you'd hope our actual defenders could do that before putting a forward down to do that!

I'd like to think his future role is reliable B grade KPF - think Levi but with a brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back