Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walk into the club and the difference in atmosphere is very obvious. It's extremely positive. It's awesome. Great stuff Bolts

The crazy part about that is its not rocket science he's implemented, it's really a lot of common sense with a large slab of good people management.

The irony is that Malthouse, Ratten & Pagan either were incapable of thinking like that or refused to think past what was considered to be the accepted norm for a coaches role.

We are now reaping the benefits of Bolton's appointment as he builds a really solid foundation for the club to launch from. It will take a few more years for everything to fall into place correctly but it will definitely happen, supporters just need to be patient and keep the faith (and support), they will be rewarded if they can endure the ride.

The crazy part about that is its not rocket science he's implemented, it's really a lot of common sense with a large slab of good people management.

The irony is that Malthouse, Ratten & Pagan either were incapable of thinking like that or refused to think past what was considered to be the accepted norm for a coaches role.

We are now reaping the benefits of Bolton's appointment as he builds a really solid foundation for the club to launch from. It will take a few more years for everything to fall into place correctly but it will definitely happen, supporters just need to be patient and keep the faith (and support), they will be rewarded if they can endure the ride.
I've endured it since 1995, what's a few more years?

Everyone gets a mention in that article aside from the major catalyst.

I'd say Trigg has been every bit as important as Bolton in engineering change. Perhaps moreso. Was very quick to identify the issues holding Carlton back, and did a lot of groundwork in the twelve months prior to Bolton's arrival. Wouldn't be cheering on a women's team without him.

Could barely believe his appointment...very happy to have got it so wrong.

Last edited:
Everyone get's a mention in that article aside from the major catalyst.

I'd say Trigg has been every bit as important as Bolton in engineering change. Perhaps moreso. Was very quick to identify the issues holding Carlton back, and did a lot of groundwork in the twelve months prior to Bolton's arrival. Wouldn't be cheering on a women's team without him.

Couldn't agree more with this. I was not happy when Trigg was appointed. I EAT MY WORDS.

Couldn't agree more with this. I was not happy when Trigg was appointed. I EAT MY WORDS.
I only like eating my words after saying 'Lemon Meringue Pie'.

I wasn't sure about the appointment. What I do like is he has put the right people in charge and stood back and let them do their jobs. His focus on a long term rebuild (no quick fixes), patience and communicating with the members again has been great.

Pretty happy with Trigg so far. Wasn't sure initially like many here.
I guess in the end many people learn fron their mistakes and do things differently when they get another chance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Trigg took the blame for the Tippett incident to help save the skin of a few others who are still involved at Adeliade.

Yes, he made a mistake but he certainly was not alone and we can't fault his job so far at Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think MLG gets anywhere near enough credit for the clubs turnaround either. The board split that seemed to be sending the club around in circles came to a halt when he took the reins, and SOS was largely his doing. May not be winning the popular vote, but results talk loudest. Each of the 'big 4' is doing a good job imo.

great call

I don't think MLG gets anywhere near enough credit for the clubs turnaround either. The board split that seemed to be sending the club around in circles came to a halt when he took the reins, and SOS was largely his doing. May not be winning the popular vote, but results talk loudest. Each of the 'big 4' is doing a good job imo.
I'll consider him when he sorts his name out.

Bolton will finish up in Barassi territory as one of the great catalysts for success at our mighty club before he's done. There, I ******* said it.

I usually listen to what Lyin' says and take the opposite view.

Brownlow year for Krooz in 2017

Have to say that morning SEN show is full of too many ego's me me me, I , I, I
So very boring...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back