Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to love the media.... asking the same question with different wording 3 times in a row.
Handled well as always by Jacob "as i said before" Weitering

"As I said before...", "As I mentioned previously...", "Just reiterating...", "In line with my previous answer...", "It bears repeating...", etc. Just love Weiters - he puts the auto into automaton and always stays on message! Couldn't really imagine him as a comedian (putting the dead into deadpan), although there is a little bit of the "Elliot Goblet's" about him! Thoroughly well-trained and well-rehearsed young man who likely puts Brylcream on his pubes and has an antimacassar on the inside of his jock strap! We love you Weiters!

Last edited:

"As I said before...", "As I mentioned previously...", "Just reiterating...", "In line with my previous answer...", "It bears repeating...", etc. Just love Weiters - he puts the auto into automaton and always stays on message! Couldn't really imagine him as a comedian (putting the dead into deadpan), although there is a little bit of the "Elliot Goblet's" about him! Thoroughly well-trained and well-rehearsed young man who likely puts Brylcream on his pubes and has an antimacassar on the inside of his jock strap! We love you Weiters!

Jacob Weiterating....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed and Charlie Curnow: the Blue brothers

Ed Curnow is entering the next bracket of his career, the one where he has moved from recycled rookie to fringe battler to, now, senior figure and team leader. It's also the one where he is preparing to become known as Charlie's brother not the other way around.

Ed knows that in the next stage of his career he will be constantly bracketed with – if not overshadowed by – his younger brother Charlie. That stage has begun.

Really, really enjoyed that. Especially this:

"We want success and we want it quickly. We recognise we have got a new football club – we have turned over 30 players in the last two years and brought in new draftees who are exciting – we want to get success pretty quick so we are driving it hard."

Really, really enjoyed that. Especially this:

"We want success and we want it quickly. We recognise we have got a new football club – we have turned over 30 players in the last two years and brought in new draftees who are exciting – we want to get success pretty quick so we are driving it hard."

Big Bro thinks charlie should have gone pick #1 or #2! High praise indeed. given that there were only two standouts last year Weitering and Schache, he is effectively comparing Charlie to Schache who is also a forward. ed knows him better than anyone, so it could be a very good indication of what we have in store for us this year

Big Bro thinks charlie should have gone pick #1 or #2! High praise indeed. given that there were only two standouts last year Weitering and Schache, he is effectively comparing Charlie to Schache who is also a forward. ed knows him better than anyone, so it could be a very good indication of what we have in store for us this year
Charlie has something about him that could translate to the next evolution Footballer.

The hard running, great marking, goal kicking, in and under, outside and in, chf or chb, tall crumbing, great below his knees and above his head, high leaping all-rounder. Schache is a traditional CHF.

If it all clicks for Charlie, he'll be the best player from thw draft

Jamo speaks .....

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/02...ng-seamlessly-to-footy-life-says-former-blue/

Recently retired Carlton defender Michael Jamison says he has been highly impressed by the way his former club’s young key position players have adapted to the demands of life as an AFL footballer.

The 30-year-old, who played 150 games in the navy blue between 2007 and 2016, says that forward duo Charlie Curnow and Jack Silvagni, along with 2015 number one draft pick Jacob Weitering, have hit the ground running in their AFL careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back