Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just one of a handful of Carlton haters from years ago.

Him and Kane but Kane is a knob in general about anything. Dwayne in past seems fairly normal apart from some weird resentment towards our club that I do not understand where he coming from. The stuff he was saying to MLG was just plain weird childish stuff. Not sure many other media people carry on like that. Even some of the regular media nufties are not that weird.

Thanks.

Did he give reasons or just bring his usual flippant self?

If he had reasons then probably fair enough, it is his opinion. If he was being a smart arse then he can GAGF.

Needs to be some consequences for the media people who are unwilling to understand their subject matter, before unloading their thought bubbles on the unsuspecting public.

He used a big footy communication style - drive by one liner wrapped up in a smart arse coat.

I don't mind Caroline Wilson, as she serves a vital role in the AFL media. What I do mind is what she does when there isn't a story to chase, or an actual scandal to unearth. Her articles on Trigg were a great example of how the media can twist innuendo into something significant without a great deal of substance, and the only thing I don't understand about it is why it took us this long to fire back.
Absolutely despise her and have for a few years. She is an absolute snake just overflowing with arrogance. She’s a horrid media personality.

Yeah, I know whom he played for but his weird attitude make me wonder when he was a SANFL player maybe he had dreams of getting to play with other stars at Carlton and be *wanted* like the guys we got to Carlton from SA but if we never showed any interest maybe there is some resentment there. Maybe he tried to get us interested back then but we had no interest in him at all. I got no idea, totally speculation but his weird unexpected reactions make me wonder.
I barely remember his career. Wasn't he a lazy, fat arsed back flanker who loved cheapies more than Murray Rance?

I barely remember his career. Wasn't he a lazy, fat arsed back flanker who loved cheapies more than Murray Rance?

I think he was a key forward at Cats. Very forgettable though so would have to search up exact years he played. Maybe mid to late 80's at a guess.

Edit: Found him.
1987 to 1991.
Number 6 for Cats.
About 50 games for 51 goals.

Absolutely despise her and have for a few years. She is an absolute snake just overflowing with arrogance. She’s a horrid media personality.
Yet, she's absolutely a dog with a bone when someone's trying to keep something under wraps.

Without her, the predominant line during the Essendon Saga would have been penned by Mark Robinson and Chip Le Grande. She was the one that kept the attention and the heat on them, refused to let their sympathisers in the media create the narrative unopposed.

Unlikable as she makes herself sometimes, we need someone like her for when there actually is something to report, something which the AFL would like to deal with in house. She's necessary.

Yet, she's absolutely a dog with a bone when someone's trying to keep something under wraps.

Without her, the predominant line during the Essendon Saga would have been penned by Mark Robinson and Chip Le Grande. She was the one that kept the attention and the heat on them, refused to let their sympathisers in the media create the narrative unopposed.

Unlikable as she makes herself sometimes, we need someone like her for when there actually is something to report, something which the AFL would like to deal with in house. She's necessary.
Understand what you’re saying but don’t agree. Don’t think she really influenced the saga at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought MLG was better than I have previously seen him. He at least has his finger on the pulse of what is going on at the club. Stumbled over his words a couple of times, got pushed into a corner on the PP but stayed calm. Liked the way he fought back against DerWayne's cheap shot.

Yeah . I thought he played ok .19 touches , a couple of dropped marks but he tackled well, retained possession and pushed it forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mongrel is required and there is plenty of incentive for players to understand the need to stick tackles and match their opponent. Carlton has been defined by 'class'y outside players in recent years - not by the blue collar hard nuts that won flags.

Carlton for one reason or another have never invested in serious midfield inside grunt- mongrel - abused Judd for years with lack of cover and now are doing same with Cripps - good signs from Kennedy and Dow coming through though and Fisher will go another level again if he has a decent preseason - jury is out on SPS now though he hers footsteps too often serious issue with him in my books- not really a 'buyer' of hasn't had a preseason - lack of 100% fitness doesn't make a player do half steps most of the time around the ball -and that is what he does too often - if he wants to play an outside role - he better pick up some leg speed quick smart -because fast he aint. SPS gets another half year to show something before I put a redline through his name- but he isnt playing like a pick #6 midfielder - Fisher and Dow have gone past him way past him.

Up front I think Harry /Charlie /Pickett are all ok on the mongrel stakes - all competitive player types...Levi is seriously soft for a player his size- just like Rowey is down back - very disappointing and wouldn't get a run in a JaB mongrel side - or would get 'special' coaching and KPI targets to work on. Rowey should never have copped a punch to his face by the Melbum player unanswered - was perfectly in his rights to smash the prick - would have cheered a 4 week suspension if he did..

the difference between Richmond being middling and winning a flag boiled down to the whole side achieving a level of physical development and physical competitiveness - they mongrelled up and got a flag for it - and are in my books still the hot favourites to win another if they stay fit. Look at the way they play across the lines - very aggressive and confident football - not especially highly skilled either - just hard at it- good on 'em.

Agree battler . From the prez right down to the orange person. Mongrel.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back