Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...playing-the-waiting-game-20170526-gwef44.html

If this is not the worst analysis article ever written, then cut me in half and call me shorty
I'm sick to death of hearing casboult is one of best marks in the afl but has his kicking issues. What's he kicked this year 15.3. That's pretty good in my opinion. He should kickmore than waite did in his best ever Carlton year of 29. I'd expect him to kick 2-3 today and waite to kick none. Then I expect a positive Carlton forward article to follow. Here's hoping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"It may be too much for the Blues to ask for a young champion such as a Kernahan, Maclure or Jesaulenko to emerge but the waiting game to replace a now Kangaroo will need to end soon if they are to again be an on-field power."

That last line reminds me of how I used to finish off an analysis article in year 9 English

See journos, the next press conference, quit it with the "would you prefer more goals?" inanity.

Try this one: "Regarding last week's Jon Pierik article, Azul from bigfooty.com wonders why McKay and Kerr aren't being given a run. Why, Brendon, don't you form your selections based on the whims of an internet forum?"

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...t-accept-gallant-defeats-20170528-gwf0xv.html

While he acknowledged that his side's comeback in the middle of the game showed character, the second-year coach made a point in insisting that defeat was unacceptable. "We're not going to get drawn into a gallant fightback conversation," Bolton said.

"Our start was not at the level we'd like. We got beaten on the inside and the outside. It's a little inconsistency that we've got to learn to iron out as a footy club. Our players and coaching staff are going to use the break to review that but also refresh and keep working towards more consistency."

Good to hear !!!

Carlton losses and their cars
View attachment 375860
1970-chrysler-valiant-vg-regal-coupe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back