Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team of the Week, Half back - Ryan Burton...how?

20 touches (1 contested), 2 intercepts, 9 marks, 3 inside 50's, 5 rebound 50's, 0 tackles, 4 score involvements, 0 goals

vs. Docherty:

31 touches (6 contested), 3 intercepts, 7 marks, 3 inside 50's, 7 rebound 50's, 4 tackles, 8 score involvements, 2 goals

I know the kid's looking OK, but the Team of the Week needs to feature the best players in each position...

Team of the Week, Half back - Ryan Burton...how?

20 touches (1 contested), 2 intercepts, 9 marks, 3 inside 50's, 5 rebound 50's, 0 tackles, 4 score involvements, 0 goals

vs. Docherty:

31 touches (6 contested), 3 intercepts, 7 marks, 3 inside 50's, 7 rebound 50's, 4 tackles, 8 score involvements, 2 goals

I know the kid's looking OK, but the Team of the Week needs to feature the best players in each position...
'
It was one of Burtons least inpactful games of the season. Must have been a really bad week for Key Defenders.

Good article juxtaposing the games of ASOS and Waite

http://www.fansunite.com.au/2017/05/30/53001/same-but-world-apart

Love her opening paragraph .......

Ladies and gentlemen! In the left corner, wearing white shorts, and a light blue and white top, weighing in at 96kg and standing 194cm, representing the search for a shiny trophy at all costs, and playing for North Melbourne, Mr Jarred Waite. In the right corner, wearing navy blue shorts and top, weighing in at 92kg and standing 192cm, representing what it means to be proud to play with heart, playing for Carlton, Mr Alex Silvagni.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...playing-the-waiting-game-20170526-gwef44.html

If this is not the worst analysis article ever written, then cut me in half and call me shorty

'Carltons forward line is a shambles and they are in need of a powerful athletic key forward who can kick 60 odd goals a year.'

A statement I 100 percent agree with.

Our forward line is our worst line at present, followed closely by the midfield (which isnt actually that bad at present, but will be in 3 years time).

'Carltons forward line is a shambles and they are in need of a powerful athletic key forward who can kick 60 odd goals a year.'

A statement I 100 percent agree with.

Our forward line is our worst line at present, followed closely by the midfield (which isnt actually that bad at present, but will be in 3 years time).
I honestly don't disagree with the point being presented, but how is it ground breaking analysis?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just can't help but love the big bloke, plays every game like it's his last. A guy who gets every ounce of talent out of his body, has been cruelled by injury which causes us to forget how valuable this guy is to our team. Could of gone elsewhere but stayed, great to see him having a good run.
here here...and is clearly a very solid character and good guy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back