(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blue Pulse

Club Legend
Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
I am not a crush-prone person, but I have the most ridiculous crush on Doc. Decent bloke, so articulate, military haircut, reliable and such a bloody effective playing style (and kinda pretty). I have voluntarily removed my uterus from general population replenishment exercises but damn I would reconsider if Doc asked nicely and made me a decent G&T.
I have always said to my daughter, that when she gets a boyfriend, please let it be Doc

Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I am not a crush-prone person, but I have the most ridiculous crush on Doc. Decent bloke, so articulate, military haircut, reliable and such a bloody effective playing style (and kinda pretty). I have voluntarily removed my uterus from general population replenishment exercises but damn I would reconsider if Doc asked nicely and made me a decent G&T.
Same.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Roos just said that nobody believes that Teague will be the coach next year. That our search will be from the top of the list eg Clarkson and go down
And he would be right.

Teague may surprise and a lot of improvement/wins in the next 11 games may change things, but he's a young coach still who hasn't finished his cert 4. He may not quite be ready for a full-time head coach position...he said himself he'll see at the end of the year whether he even feels ready to put his hand up for the job, he himself doesn't know.

So the club would absolutely be looking from the top-down of poaching a proven gun like Clarkson, to looking at others with experience like Lyon/Voss/Scott/Ratten and then the most highly rated assistant coaches with head coach potential.

rog1995

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Absolutely love Teagues phylosophy. Don't tell me what you can't do. Tell what you can. Perfect. Let the kids play on instinct. Love the statement im going to keep the talls closer to goal. Hallelujah.

Last edited:

Bostonian

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Absolutely love Teagues phylosophy. Don't tell me what you can't do. Tell what you can. Perfect. Let the kids play one on one football. Love the statement im going to keep the talls closer to goal. Hallelujah.
Bill Belichick model of situational football.

Plug players into roles they excel at and not ask them to do things they don't do well.

Don't need superstars in those systems, just need dedicated and focused players.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Absolutely love Teagues phylosophy. Don't tell me what you can't do. Tell what you can. Perfect. Let the kids play one on one football. Love the statement im going to keep the talls closer to goal. Hallelujah.
Sounds like Bolton was that 'perfectionist' who focused too much on what players need to improve on that they forgot what their strengths were and lost confidence.

And the keeping the talls closer to goal thing is something we supporters have been crying out for that seemed painfully obvious, especially when we have guys like McKay/Curnow/McGovern in our forward line. Give our players something to kick to and put the opposition defence under some pressure ffs.

Teague reminds me of Hardwick when he speaks, who when their fortunes turned around, spoke about giving the players more freedom to play on instinct and play to their strengths. Before that it sounded like he was a bit of a Bolton, trying to implement a Hawthorn game style that didn't suit his players and moulding them into something they're not.

Blue since 72

Premiership Player
Feb 13, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Lol👍

ITCHY EYEBALLS

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2010
Coastal cruiser
AFL Club
Carlton
I am not a crush-prone person, but I have the most ridiculous crush on Doc. Decent bloke, so articulate, military haircut, reliable and such a bloody effective playing style (and kinda pretty). I have voluntarily removed my uterus from general population replenishment exercises but damn I would reconsider if
POTY 👏👏👏

I’m. An older version of Doc....wanna catch up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
Top Bottom