Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Kane Cornes has zero respect in the industry. He sold his credibility for headlines and it's hard to ever win that back.

What makes things even more dire for Kane is that he never had any credibility to begin with.
It's pretty funny/sad how he's either willing to sacrifice his reputation for ratings or is really just that clueless.

Even publicly we've seen industry figures respond to him with disdain...like Dangerfield and our own Juddy.

Danger made a comment that there are some journo's who you might listen to and carry some weight and others who don't, with Cornes falling in the latter category - this was after Cornes accused him of playing up injuries, despite the fact Danger ended up missing a game from it. Juddy was just dripping in sarcasm and condescending when Caro brought his comments up with Judd, who simply said 'well that's just the opinion of a very good journo'.

Lol.

Coops93

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos

Some fantastic advice from his old man; "If you have 5 minutes, just (think about) how hard you've worked, Hughy"

Very easy to get in a spin and not enjoy the moment like you should. Good advice to take minute and reflect on what he's done to get here. Lovely stuff.

Bobmonkey

All Australian
Oct 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I am an unabashed fan of the Carlton Show. Just finished listening to this weeks episode and I reckon Gecko has been reading this site as in the past few weeks he has seemed far less negative.
I think that Andy and Baz said something too him, they’ve lightly been teasing him whenever it sounds like he’s going to start one his rants.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coops93

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
I think the Andy an Baz said something too him, they’ve lightly been teasing him whenever it sounds like he’s going to start one his rants.
They just about lost there s**t with him when he put Plowman in the bests, knowing they'll be absolutely harassed on twitter. Makes me think they probably copped a fair bit on twitter re his negativity.

spry

Debutant
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
It was awesome hearing Diesel speak today. Do yourselves a favour and listen to it.

A couple of things that “got me very excite” ( in the voice of Borat)

Diesel said he is at the club two days a week now working with the whole playing group.

Also said he’d like to be there more next year
I looked through the thread but could not find it! Any chance you could post the link? (Possible again) Cheers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aphrodite

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
I looked through the thread but could not find it! Any chance you could post the link? (Possible again) Cheers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You didn't look hard enough. :p

Here you go ...

Top Bottom