Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s never too early to make some bold predictions.

As AFL 2021 edges closer, News Corp scribe Nick Smart hits up the Fox Footy jury — Nick Riewoldt, David King, Jordan Lewis and Leigh Montagna — to get their verdict on who finishes on top next year out of some the key Melbourne clubs.

CARLTON V ESSENDON
Four-time premiership Hawk Jordan Lewis:
“I think Carlton finishes higher. I just think they’re more progressed in terms of their list build and the experience of the team.”
Two-time All Australian Leigh Montagna:
“Carlton. The Blues are heading north and the Bombers are heading south, so Carlton will certainly finish above Essendon.”

Two-time North Melbourne premiership star David King:
“Definitely the Blues. They’ve got so much improvement and scope in these young key position players and already a game plan that’s brought some reward. I think David Teague is going to have some fun in the midfield with some fresh faces.”
Former St Kilda skipper Nick Riewoldt:
“Carlton because I just think they have more talent on their list and their trajectory is heading upwards.”

Chris Yarran was the closest thing I've ever seen to Andrew McLeod, even down to the way he ran. The way he'd look like he was cruising yet would glide past guys busting a gut was so much like McLeod that you could be forgiven for thinking they were the same bloke.
got on the shard and that was it. once they start that they are done in any walk of life let alone professional athletes

Yep, mentioned several times in game day threads.

Needs to learn when a rocket is required, being measured is good, won’t inspire too many.
Rockets inspire? Usually gave me a kick for a short period of time, then made me more tired when the emotion or adrenaline declined. I see engagement, investment and actions as inspiration. Teague seems to possess these traits. The rocket in the last game seemed belated and ineffectual som I support what you are saying in that regard.

Rockets inspire? Usually gave me a kick for a short period of time, then made me more tired when the emotion or adrenaline declined. I see engagement, investment and actions as inspiration. Teague seems to possess these traits. The rocket in the last game seemed belated and ineffectual som I support what you are saying in that regard.
A good rocket isn’t necessarily a negatively slanted scream and shout session, can be a pointed question around effort or desire to do what the team needs. A spray will likely have a negative effect, a reminder about the difference between what is required and what is being supplied can spark a better effort.

Teague seems too calm about circumstances ... as though he does not have the ability to change the course of events.

CARLTON
A GPS. Carlton’s ball movement was an issue for the team in 2020 — so a better sense of direction would help. The Blues launched an inside-50 from 15 per cent of its defensive 50 chains across the season, which ranked the team 16th in the competition. If you could wrap it up in a box, the Blues would also be hoping for a dose of efficiency from the man in red to boost their game next year. Carlton generated a goal only 15 per cent of the time from its inside 50 entries, which had David Teague’s side ranked 15th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Bloody horrible.

Sounds like he was a ripper fella.

Heart goes out to his family, especially his elderly mother.
Sometimes I get the blues and become self critical
Feel a victim to life’s injustice I read a story like that and it inspires me
I then get my saw knees bad back to the gym at 5.30 am do full day of physical work
And find appreciation that at 51 I still can
You can compare yourself to someone rich successful on top of everything and feel like crap
Then compare you’re self with someone who has had it all taken away and feel appreciative
Sounded like he never gave up and and tried to use his will to determine his future under extreme duress to the end
I’m going through a period of adaption and that story reinforces my path

Sometimes I get the blues and become self critical
Feel a victim to life’s injustice I read a story like that and it inspires me
I then get my saw knees bad back to the gym at 5.30 am do full day of physical work
And find appreciation that at 51 I still can
You can compare yourself to someone rich successful on top of everything and feel like crap
Then compare you’re self with someone who has had it all taken away and feel appreciative
Sounded like he never gave up and and tried to use his will to determine his future under extreme duress to the end
I’m going through a period of adaption and that story reinforces my path
Hang in there Az. You're not alone.

Hang in there Az. You're not alone.
Thanks mate just having to reset a bit
I stopped going to the gym and started drinking more over lockdown
I went out with mates on Friday didn’t drink went to the gym Saturday morning
I’ve been swimming in the ocean nearly every day
I turned 50 start of the year went on motor bike tour with mates in Vietnam felt great
The lockdown was fine for me heaps of footy time with kids bit of work
Coming out has been tougher once you’ve had the dog in you’re life it tends to follow you I’ve learnt routines to keep it in the kennel
There is a lot I can control age is Just one you have to accept I guess
There are a lot of good ones on this forum
having a place to openly express and feel supported reflects positively on the environment that exists here
But enough of this waffle back to important stuff let’s talk about footy😃

Thanks mate just having to reset a bit
I stopped going to the gym and started drinking more over lockdown
I went out with mates on Friday didn’t drink went to the gym Saturday morning
I’ve been swimming in the ocean nearly every day
I turned 50 start of the year went on motor bike tour with mates in Vietnam felt great
The lockdown was fine for me heaps of footy time with kids bit of work
Coming out has been tougher once you’ve had the dog in you’re life it tends to follow you I’ve learnt routines to keep it in the kennel
There is a lot I can control age is Just one you have to accept I guess
There are a lot of good ones on this forum
having a place to openly express and feel supported reflects positively on the environment that exists here
But enough of this waffle back to important stuff let’s talk about footy😃
Good stuff. By the way, I'm older than you lol.

1. Three teams will miss the top eight after playing finals in 2020
2, 3 and 4. And their replacements will be …

Carlton
. Bluebaggers have been desperate to see their side return to finals footy and the team has been building very nicely ever since David Teague took over. After six wins under the coach in 2019, and a 7-10 record in 2020 (including two losses by less than a goal), expectations are starting to build. And it’s clear the team is aiming to win now after a big trade period that saw them add stars Zac Williams and Adam Saad. Not having Charlie Curnow from the start of the season will hurt, but there’s enough talent here now for a finals berth.

Thanks for that.

Great that you've informed us of a statistic that only you have access to, HS, and promoted it as exceptional knowledge or stunning analysis.

:rolleyes:
Sorry, I don't understand. I copied the Carlton section of the article and posted the URL in case someone else wanted to read about the other teams. Did I do something wrong?

Sorry, I don't understand. I copied the Carlton section of the article and posted the URL in case someone else wanted to read about the other teams. Did I do something wrong?

The url link is behind the HUN paywall to the article.

Only subscribers have access to it.

I'm not having a crack at you, I'm having a crack at them. You're good.

I object to them bringing out a statistic we the public do not have access to and pretending it's great insight. It's essentially like watching/reading a whodunnit and have the killer being someone who is introduced in the final scene, with a motive previously never in evidence.

The url link is behind the HUN paywall to the article.

Only subscribers have access to it.
I copied and pasted the Carlton section of the article, assuming that people wouldn't want to read about other teams.

I'm not having a crack at you, I'm having a crack at them. You're good.

I object to them bringing out a statistic we the public do not have access to and pretending it's great insight. It's essentially like watching/reading a whodunnit and have the killer being someone who is introduced in the final scene, with a motive previously never in evidence.

That's media in the 21st century for you :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back