Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes amazing isn't it.
I wonder is there any coincidence our young players have been so far below AFL Fitness standards..Don't senior players drive standards?
Must have been great having a captain who never chased.
I know I will get shot down but I grew tired of watching players run away from him and seeing him with hands on hips.
poor thing is upset because it didn't get shot down I think.............

The man might be a knob, but Alan Jones has well and truly earned the right to talk sport and have people listen.

Winning record as a Union coach of the Australian Team of 84 from 102, including Australia's first series win over NZ in 40 years and a Grand Slam tour of the UK.

Those are serious credentials.
wanna talk about his other 'serious' credentials?

& after his “spin out of trouble, burst away & kick” during the last open training session of last year, the pencil used to “pencil him in” was ordered & delivered. Here it is being loaded..

View attachment 605531
Wow that is one big ass missile.

Typing ‘Hippy’ usually calms the masses.

Hippy.

When Lou baby is doing Satellite of Love, El Zig is carousing Bong, Bong, Bong.

Right??
Things like that drive me out of my mind ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone do a 25 words or less on the videos so I don't have to watch them:$ and waste 3mins of my life

Casboult to miss out up forward, rehab group not getting smaller, Setterfield 50/50 for round 1.

IMO opinion, if Casboult wants to stay in the game, he has to reinvent himself as a ruckman. Yep, a touch on the short side, but can leap and I have always felt he is better around the ground, than stuck forward where he gets pushed under the ball to easily.

Can someone do a 25 words or less on the videos so I don't have to watch them:$ and waste 3mins of my life
Casboult to miss out up forward, rehab group not getting smaller, Setterfield 50/50 for round 1.
IMO opinion, if Casboult wants to stay in the game, he has to reinvent himself as a ruckman. Yep, a touch on the short side, but can leap and I have always felt he is better around the ground, than stuck forward where he gets pushed under the ball to easily.

All being well, Casboult shouldn't see too much senior time this year.
That's not a shot at Levi, but the want for our young collective to make good.

I thought it would have been an idea for Casboult to play in the back-line with the NB's
This would have achieved two things:
1. Allows space and gives opportunity for the likes of TDK and Kerr to develop as KPF's
2. Casboult does help the younger guys in defence, but that's now unlikely to come about, given we've taken on Goddard and the NB's recruiting Collins.
Add BSilvagni to that young group along with a developing Macreadie, the back-line is already starting to look somewhat top heavy at the NB's this year.

…...IMO opinion, if Casboult wants to stay in the game, he has to reinvent himself as a ruckman. Yep, a touch on the short side, but can leap and I have always felt he is better around the ground, than stuck forward where he gets pushed under the ball to easily.
Yeah, Levi as a ruckman first is not overly exciting as a prospect, but deserves some consideration from a list management perspective. Probably tied to
Phillips as insurance going forward. If big Sauce has another soft tissue injury punctuated season he would almost certainly be gone. Leaving only ageing Kreuzer, Lobbe and tyro De Koning as our rucks. If by season's end TDK is "almost" there to take the baton from MK, there is a small possibility Levi could be retained for ruck cover. This would allow another young draftee to complement TDK long term, or to transition a state league type in to the side.

I tend to agree, that like many players of his ilk, he benefits from an early run on the ball to get hands on and confidence up. The drawback is that we need to find game time for Lobbe, Phillips and TDK rucking at the Northern Blues already, is Levi going to realistically get a look in?

NEW APPROACH TO PRE-SEASON TRAINING AT CARLTON
January 23, 2019 8:18 am
Carlton-Blues-AFL-training-session-feature-GettyImages-1092404238.jpg

A different approach to training, introduced by new high performance manager, Andrew Russell, has Carlton excited about the 2019 season.
Young midfielder, David Cuningham, told RSN927’s The Summer Breakfast, that Russell had a philosophy set on quality training.

“We not training as long as we did in previous years,” he said. “In the past we were out on the track for three hours with lots of breaks between drills but now its more free-flowing with more match simulation which is a good change from the drills and the running we did pre-Christmas.
“I’m confident that the training we are doing will set us up well for the season,” Cuningham said.

https://www.rsn.net.au/new-approach-to-pre-season-training-at-carlton/

All being well, Casboult shouldn't see too much senior time this year.
That's not a shot at Levi, but the want for our young collective to make good.

I thought it would have been an idea for Casboult to play in the back-line with the NB's
This would have achieved two things:
1. Allows space and gives opportunity for the likes of TDK and Kerr to develop as KPF's
2. Casboult does help the younger guys in defence, but that's now unlikely to come about, given we've taken on Goddard and the NB's recruiting Collins.
Add BSilvagni to that young group along with a developing Macreadie, the back-line is already starting to look somewhat top heavy at the NB's this year.

Agree Harks, for us to improve, the younger boys must surpass him.

Saw him play ruck in the 2's many years ago in a final where he literally took the game by the scruff of the neck and was something to watch. After sitting on someones head in the last qtr for another hang, he came down and twisted his ankle, never saw him get back to that standard again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back