Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpfalvo

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
But if its just a back injury then why not? no one wants to know all the details of that bastard of an autoimmune disease which is a private issue
Club shouldnt be picking and choosing when to be transparent. I mean it's not GF week and you are trying to get an edge, that I will accept as reasonable gamesmanship.

In relation to a bottom.of the ladder team trying to build supporter trust, transparency is key.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Nice article about Murphy today in HS. He may not go down as our greatest leader but I have never doubted his effort and love for the club. IMO as a supporter that is all you can ask.

https://outline.com/dby4BH

https://outline.com/pjqG8K

68768c659d6a223bb88eabc2f98f7ff9

Have they been? Rumours re:Willo have been floated but club has stated what has been happening. Not sure what else could be done
Confirm the rumours, ffs.

It don’t matter if they are true or not.

Nice article....Max is very cute

I like Murph
maybe murph doesn't get to make decisions on his future as a 33 year year old - hopefully we'll have another half a dozen quality types onboard by then

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure why people are so caught up with knowing every minuscule detail of a players injury.

Remember Lin Jong hurt his shoulder once, after a lay off, he returned with heavy strapping and was targeted by the opposition

Fortunately they strapped his good shoulder, as the club knew he would get targeted

If Willo, together with the club, want the details concealed, that is good enough for me

Murphy about the only one who publicly rates our previous fitness staff. A bit surprising given he is lamenting too many games lost to injury.

Plays, or should be playing, the type of role that could allow him to go beyond his current contract. Reckon the state of the club may have more say in the decision than he does. Most of the players the future of the club rests on will be starting to hit their straps by then. May make it difficult for him to get a game.

maybe murph doesn't get to make decisions on his future as a 33 year year old - hopefully we'll have another half a dozen quality types onboard by then
There was rumours he met with Geelong .., he didn’t
I feel he’s unfairly maligned stuck with us through a crap time

Feb 8, 2012
Publican Baghdad Ritz
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
could have been a model - his bobblehead should have been marketed internationally..........
I had his bobblehead in the middle of Fraser Browns and Carrazzo's on the old Datsun but Murph always stayed still!

When I put him by himself he became quite the little dancer...?

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
Club shouldnt be picking and choosing when to be transparent. I mean it's not GF week and you are trying to get an edge, that I will accept as reasonable gamesmanship.

In relation to a bottom.of the ladder team trying to build supporter trust, transparency is key.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I am not sure how the club responds...... If he has Crohns then it is a private medical health issue and I dont think we should expect the club to confirm this because they have no right to. Its up to Tom to decide whether this is public knowledge or not. The club could of course deny it if it is untrue- which they have not done- which leads to doubts and questions from supporters. The fact that Tom has now denied it , doesnt mean that the club should have first.

As for the back, that is an entirely different matter, firstly it has undoubtedly been caused by his training /playing and as such is work related and totally fair for us to be kept in the loop as supporters. The club have been a bit reticent about this injury and to the other 2 back injury's Macreadie and Marchbank. I think they could have given us a bit more meat in the sandwich when discussing these 3 but they have finally come out and it doesnt sound as bad as we all imagine. Uncertainty is often worse than the knowledge that there is a problem and the club should learn from this .

Not sure why people are so caught up with knowing every minuscule detail of a players injury.

Remember Lin Jong hurt his shoulder once, after a lay off, he returned with heavy strapping and was targeted by the opposition

Fortunately they strapped his good shoulder, as the club knew he would get targeted

If Willo, together with the club, want the details concealed, that is good enough for me

Fair point.

Not sure an opponent would try and target Willo's bowel and digestive system though.....

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back