Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great to see all the past players participating in this special occasion.

I loved the fact that John Lloyd was involved and presented the jumper to Sam Walsh.

I spent time with John when I was about 8 to 10 years of age and he was starting his career at Carlton. He was boarding with other Carlton players in Munro Street, Coburg.

My mum maintained contact with John over the years and visited him and his family when I think they were living in Edinburgh. I must find the photo as it had his children in the shot.

I still have letters and cards from the many relationships she forged with some of the biggest names in footy. Thank you notes from Ron Barassi and Mal Brown, for example. However amongst all of this is a Christmas card from John Lloyd who I can confirm as a fine man and it’s no wonder his children have benefited from his influence.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'As most of you blokes know, I struggled in my 1st game - I had 38 possessions in my 1st game' - Diesel :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hilarious stuff from Diesel, and I love how he followed it up by dryly wishing the debutants “good luck trying to break 38” :D

No more spoilers, but Matthew Allan’s opening remarks are very funny too.

Not so funny for me personally was the reference to Gov’s dad. Although I barely knew him, I went to the same WA high school, in the same year. It’s a not so gentle reminder of the relentless onward march of Old Father Time - ffs, hurry back into finals contention Blues!

Btw, for any footy trainspotters amongst us, a minor faux pas from Diesel there, as Andrew McGovern played for Sydney and the Dockers, and not with the West Coast. No reason to doubt Diesel’s insights into Andrew’s wife’s marking ability, however, as both sons seem to have fantastic bloodlines in that regard.

‘Coming Soon’
I assume they’re holding off until Charlie gets a kick?

Still very confident of a happy ending to this story, but hope we’re dealing with a feature length movie to get there, and not an Alex Haley’s Roots style mini series!

So you would support our club bringing back a guy 9 months after doing his ACL for a second time?

That is a risk not worth taking, rushing Sam back could end his career. It’s a nice sentiment to have and it obviously helps him through rehab, but if banyone at the club were entertaining that idea, I’d be very surprised.

So what’s the alternative?

Provided we have already just seen it in the preseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back