bluebrew

Cancelled
Dec 15, 2006
Swan Valley WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton, Carlton and only CARLTON
doesn't murph get lots of mentions from the young blokes?
Yes amazing isn't it.
I wonder is there any coincidence our young players have been so far below AFL Fitness standards..Don't senior players drive standards?
Must have been great having a captain who never chased.
I know I will get shot down but I grew tired of watching players run away from him and seeing him with hands on hips.

bluebrew

Cancelled
Dec 15, 2006
Swan Valley WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton, Carlton and only CARLTON
not quite what I meant - young players are indoctrinated to not chase? ok then - they must have believed not chasing was how to become a better player - I may have to question this
Captain - example what he can do so can I. But alas I will let myself out.
Ciao till October.

Captain - example what he can do so can I. But alas I will let myself out.
Ciao till October.
Part of this "clique" silliness starts with posters dropping and running. You bagged Murph. And? I think the world will keep turning. October?

GoBlues!

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting to see where the mentions come from: Dow, Fisher (future gun midfielders) and De Koening.

Tells me Murph’s influence is greater than just his on field performances, and extends to the big blokes not just our midfielders.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes amazing isn't it.
I wonder is there any coincidence our young players have been so far below AFL Fitness standards..Don't senior players drive standards?
Must have been great having a captain who never chased.
I know I will get shot down but I grew tired of watching players run away from him and seeing him with hands on hips.
Yet he was Top 5 at our club for average tackles per game in 2018. Go figure.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Especially for someone who 'shouldn't have held that interview' when he was accosted outside the club, who 'if he wasn't thinking of leaving he would've signed by now', who 'doesn't chase' or 'doesn't even try to tackle'...

:rolleyes:

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting to see where the mentions come from: Dow, Fisher (future gun midfielders) and De Koening.

Tells me Murph’s influence is greater than just his on field performances, and extends to the big blokes not just our midfielders.

I mentioned it a few times last year. The young players love Murphy and he goes out of his way to make sure they are okay. Always talking with them, helping them, messages etc. Very underrated and has always put the club first. Class act

GoBlues!

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I mentioned it a few times last year. The young players love Murphy and he goes out of his way to make sure they are okay. Always talking with them, helping them, messages etc. Very underrated and has always put the club first. Class act
Most of us wouldn’t be aware of that unless we have some close connections with the club. I suspect Cripps and Thomas are also the type that love to support and help the younger players along.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Most of us wouldn’t be aware of that unless we have some close connections with the club. I suspect Cripps and Thomas are also the type that love to support and help the younger players along.

Cripps is more a leader by actions. Thomas is thought of as a joker. Doc is like Murphy

Never seen a group that gets along so well

Kick Like a Girl
ALFW focussed one hour radio show with Kate O’Halloran on 3RRR Mondays 12-1pm

First episode can be retrieved via Ep 1 Kick Like a Girl. Lot of reminiscing about first game, first season.

Subscribe to community radio. It’s ace.

Record premiership droughts spurring AFL clubs in 2019

9368be9a3c17a8e99c8ac6a3fe16a82e925e331c

Perhaps the most significant member of the aforementioned group of clubs is Carlton.
Regarded as one of the powerhouse clubs of the competition in generations gone by, this year takes on historic significant because the Blues' active premiership drought will become their longest ever – surpassing the 23-year drought they experienced between 1915-1938.

After 81 years, the Blues have set a new benchmark of malaise for themselves, which is symbolic of how spectacular their fall from grace has been in the last couple of decades - five wooden spoons in 17 seasons and the loss of their status as a ‘Big Four’ Victorian club.
The changing of the guard isn’t only apparent in Carlton’s misfortune, though, because if their arch rival Essendon fail to win the flag this year, they too will enter their longest ever flag drought next season.

Last edited:

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
yeah, just heard that - strange the things you hear when you start the car only to find someone has broken into it overnight and changed the station to GuesSEN - is gossage hosting from perth or here? someone texted in to say lerner is a deadset carlton hater and he didn't say a lot to deny it - looking forward to the time soon when these clowns will have to start hedging their bets and covering their arses as they know we will be coming sooner rather than later and too much hilarity at our expense will run like gooey egg from their smarmy faces...........pretty sure.........

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
yeah, just heard that - strange the things you hear when you start the car only to find someone has broken into it overnight and changed the station to GuesSEN - is gossage hosting from perth or here? someone texted in to say lerner is a deadset carlton hater and he didn't say a lot to deny it - looking forward to the time soon when these clowns will have to start hedging their bets and covering their arses as they know we will be coming sooner rather than later and too much hilarity at our expense will run like gooey egg from their smarmy faces...........pretty sure.........
I'm not sure what studio he's in. SEN have an arrangement with SportsFM in Perth so he might be in the studio there.

But if you're not familiar with Gossage's work he's basically a gobby dickhead who's only joy in life is trolling people, Carlton and West Perth are his favourites and laughing at his own s**t jokes. Mates with the usual Perth back slappers and b grade stars and he's the most B grade there is.

If you want to contrast him to Maher listen to the difference between a person who researches his interview subjects, asks them open questions and gives them a respectful amount of time to answer.

Gossage does no research, talks over all guests (in particular women) makes statements and uses the interview to tell us what he thinks. Much the same as Karl Langdon in Perth. Just awful.

GOOSE!!!

I'm not sure what studio he's in. SEN have an arrangement with SportsFM in Perth so he might be in the studio there.

But if you're not familiar with Gossage's work he's basically a gobby dickhead who's only joy in life is trolling people, Carlton and West Perth are his favourites and laughing at his own s**t jokes. Mates with the usual Perth back slappers and b grade stars and he's the most B grade there is.

If you want to contrast him to Maher listen to the difference between a person who researches his interview subjects, asks them open questions and gives them a respectful amount of time to answer.

Gossage does no research, talks over all guests (in particular women) makes statements and uses the interview to tell us what he thinks. Much the same as Karl Langdon in Perth. Just awful.

GOOSE!!!
The Allan Jones of football then?

Juddafideslenko

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back