Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see that of the 700+ players on AFL lists, Robbo has nothing better to do than to put the blowtorch on Charlie. And he interviews Paul Roos, who uses his management of Jesse Hogan to do the same.

There’s the summary... this is a community service announcement. I’ve read the article so you don’t have to.

Here’s the outline, but you’ve been warned: https://outline.com/JUqrtk
The drunken loser was the one that created the hype by producing a double page spread with Dermie and CC last year.

It is not really CC or Carlton's fault if Dermie's outlandish prediction, which does nothing but create added pressure, is wrong.

CC doesn't need to be the best player in the comp. We just need him to become a good contributor to the team.

Contrary to the article, the hype over Sticks was way bigger than CC. Kicked 10 goals as a 20yr old on Doull in a State game. We had to wait 5 years from when he was recruited to when he arrived at the club. If anything Sticks failed to live up to the hype and my teenage expectations by only kicking 3 goals a game.

The drunken loser was the one that created the hype by producing a double page spread with Dermie and CC last year.

It is not really CC or Carlton's fault if Dermie's outlandish prediction, which does nothing but create added pressure, is wrong.

CC doesn't need to be the best player in the comp. We just need him to become a good contributor to the team.

Contrary to the article, the hype over Sticks was way bigger than CC. Kicked 10 goals as a 20yr old on Doull in a State game. We had to wait 5 years from when he was recruited to when he arrived at the club. If anything Sticks failed to live up to the hype and my teenage expectations by only kicking 3 goals a game.

'History' judges Kernahan as a FF as opposed to a CHF which is unfair.

Good to see that of the 700+ players on AFL lists, Robbo has nothing better to do than to put the blowtorch on Charlie. And he interviews Paul Roos, who uses his management of Jesse Hogan to do the same.

There’s the summary... this is a community service announcement. I’ve read the article so you don’t have to.

For those tempted to go to the paywall and beyond for a Robbo article.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is the general in the backline now like Jamo, Sos and Peter Dean before him.
Just needed to develop his body physically, and adjust his mindset with an increase in confidence. Will be a solid foundation for our defence for the next 10 years. Andrew Russell would've known exactly how to extract the best from Weitering. For Jacob it was mostly between the ears, and I'm now sure he's on track to reach his full potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure in the first injury report Russell conceded Marchbank was unlikely for round one but they were optimistic it wouldn't be much longer than that.
When did he start this 8-10 week training block though? If it was 2 weeks ago, then he's got another 6 or so weeks, which puts him pretty in line for our first VFL match, which (my apologies here) is round 2 of their season, or mid-April.

Best case scenario seems to be he's available for the last VFL practice match, which is still AFL R2. With any luck we'll have all those defensive reinforcements back in the mix by round 4.

And this weeks artical is a free pass for Daniher. That fat drunks bias is unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back