Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a crush-prone person, but I have the most ridiculous crush on Doc. Decent bloke, so articulate, military haircut, reliable and such a bloody effective playing style (and kinda pretty). I have voluntarily removed my uterus from general population replenishment exercises but damn I would reconsider if Doc asked nicely and made me a decent G&T.

I have always said to my daughter, that when she gets a boyfriend, please let it be Doc

I am not a crush-prone person, but I have the most ridiculous crush on Doc. Decent bloke, so articulate, military haircut, reliable and such a bloody effective playing style (and kinda pretty). I have voluntarily removed my uterus from general population replenishment exercises but damn I would reconsider if Doc asked nicely and made me a decent G&T.

Same.

Roos just said that nobody believes that Teague will be the coach next year. That our search will be from the top of the list eg Clarkson and go down

And he would be right.

Teague may surprise and a lot of improvement/wins in the next 11 games may change things, but he's a young coach still who hasn't finished his cert 4. He may not quite be ready for a full-time head coach position...he said himself he'll see at the end of the year whether he even feels ready to put his hand up for the job, he himself doesn't know.

So the club would absolutely be looking from the top-down of poaching a proven gun like Clarkson, to looking at others with experience like Lyon/Voss/Scott/Ratten and then the most highly rated assistant coaches with head coach potential.

Absolutely love Teagues phylosophy. Don't tell me what you can't do. Tell what you can. Perfect. Let the kids play one on one football. Love the statement im going to keep the talls closer to goal. Hallelujah.

Bill Belichick model of situational football.

Plug players into roles they excel at and not ask them to do things they don't do well.

Don't need superstars in those systems, just need dedicated and focused players.

Absolutely love Teagues phylosophy. Don't tell me what you can't do. Tell what you can. Perfect. Let the kids play one on one football. Love the statement im going to keep the talls closer to goal. Hallelujah.

Sounds like Bolton was that 'perfectionist' who focused too much on what players need to improve on that they forgot what their strengths were and lost confidence.

And the keeping the talls closer to goal thing is something we supporters have been crying out for that seemed painfully obvious, especially when we have guys like McKay/Curnow/McGovern in our forward line. Give our players something to kick to and put the opposition defence under some pressure ffs.

Teague reminds me of Hardwick when he speaks, who when their fortunes turned around, spoke about giving the players more freedom to play on instinct and play to their strengths. Before that it sounded like he was a bit of a Bolton, trying to implement a Hawthorn game style that didn't suit his players and moulding them into something they're not.

Lol👍

I am not a crush-prone person, but I have the most ridiculous crush on Doc. Decent bloke, so articulate, military haircut, reliable and such a bloody effective playing style (and kinda pretty). I have voluntarily removed my uterus from general population replenishment exercises but damn I would reconsider if
POTY 👏👏👏

I’m. An older version of Doc....wanna catch up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only NO.2 in metres gained, who's number 1?:think:
Take your pick. Apparently bombing it blindly forward 50 metres counts more than hitting a target 45 metres away does.

Pity it doesn’t refer to effective metres gained

Bill Belichick model of situational football.

Plug players into roles they excel at and not ask them to do things they don't do well.

Don't need superstars in those systems, just need dedicated and focused players.

Which is why Clarkson has been using that philosophy since the start

Maggot and flog are now banned words when describing umpires, where is the line going to be drawn?

Maybe it was the manner of the name calling in this instance

Apparently it was a security guard on a power trip. Wasn't the afl.
Security would be acting under instructions from Stadium Management who get their direction from the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back