Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"West Coast has offered Nic Nat a huge pay cut over a three-year deal, but with the star poised to return to footy first, his management is not inclined to let him sign for unders given his massive marketing appeal."

After signing Gaff and McGovern on big coin, this is the sort of deal that would fall through.

No way they can offer big coin to a ruckman coming off a couple of ACL's.

If the offers are big enough, I could see WCE netting first round compensation for Naitanui's departure.

Worth the risk? If we had the capacity of heavily front load his contract in 2020, I would make a play for him, especially if he comes as a FA.

David Teagues presser today was sensation very well spoken calm and smart man knows his stuff no wonder he won a John Nicholls medal

Was going to say exactly the same thing. Loved the points he highlighted about defending smarter abd being prepared at turnovers, yet being quicker moving the ball in to attack. Right there he's just pointed out exactly what sank Bolton, as he negleted to change it. There is a quiet confidence in his eyes, yet a very distinctive 'won't be taking any sh!t' presence about him. Just watching that video, and i know it's a bit premature with only 1 win, but I can't shake the feeling he is exactly the right man for the job. He was a brave as they come on the field and I expect there will be huge respect for him from the players. For those that missed it: https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-06-14/teague-backs-motivated-blues?fbclid=IwAR2Ta5rt84dKMffV4vRmX_cEUa8NusWJUhwSYNvhgtXqqNysJE9nAgy6HS8

Was going to say exactly the same thing. Loved the points he highlighted about defending smarter abd being prepared at turnovers, yet being quicker moving the ball in to attack. Right there he's just pointed out exactly what sank Bolton, as he negleted to change it. There is a quiet confidence in his eyes, yet a very distinctive 'won't be taking any sh!t' presence about him. Just watching that video, and i know it's a bit premature with only 1 win, but I can't shake the feeling he is exactly the right man for the job. He was a brave as they come on the field and I expect there will be huge respect for him from the players. For those that missed it: https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-06-14/teague-backs-motivated-blues?fbclid=IwAR2Ta5rt84dKMffV4vRmX_cEUa8NusWJUhwSYNvhgtXqqNysJE9nAgy6HS8
I'm not going to go too early, but he is looking/sounding very promising.
Importantly he knows the strengths of the list and will encourage them to play to their strengths.
Not trying to mould them into something they're not.

Cheer your loudest: Liddle’s message to Bluebaggers

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-06-17/cheer-your-loudest-liddles-message-to-bluebaggers

CHEER and support as loud as you want, Bluebaggers - that is the message from club CEO Cain Liddle.
To address these concerns, Liddle reached out to Marvel Stadium CEO Michael Green.

“We wanted clarity around some of the issues our members and supporters had been experiencing when attending games this year,” Liddle said.
“To Michael’s credit, when I spoke with him he put his hand up and acknowledged there had been an imbalance with trying to provide a safe environment for fans at the football. He assured me that is something they are looking to correct'.

thylacine60 :p

D9PzDAzUEAAVibu.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listened to The Carlton Show podcast. Fmd Gecko is so ******* negative. All he wanted to talk about was how deficient we are, despite the win. I was excited to listen to it, hear the guys talk about all the positives from the weekend.. Then half of it is him talking glass half empty. It brought the whole show down considerably.

I agree 100% you can tell Andys not happy with it, but there obviously old mates. He and others have to realize we are starting from scratch here, but building for a tilt at the big one.

Just listened to The Carlton Show podcast. Fmd Gecko is so ******* negative. All he wanted to talk about was how deficient we are, despite the win. I was excited to listen to it, hear the guys talk about all the positives from the weekend.. Then half of it is him talking glass half empty. It brought the whole show down considerably.

Gecko is the reason I don’t listen to the podcast. He’s negative and appears to think he’s an authority on all things AFL.

Andy Maher is an example to follow - respectful, and comes across as a commentator who loves sport, rather than someone who thinks they’re bigger than the game.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gecko is the reason I don’t listen to the podcast. He’s negative and appears to think he’s an authority on all things AFL.

Andy Maher is an example to follow - respectful, and comes across as a commentator who loves sport, rather than someone who thinks they’re bigger than the game.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gecko is the reason I avoid it when we lose. The other two can offset it when we do well, but Gecko is wonderfully adept at combining arrogant, condescending, whining and relentless negativity and it makes for painful listening. The other two seem to manage to criticise and complain without being painful.

I support Gekko, he is a thinking person's supporter. He is actually balanced and his criticisms are warranted

I work with his brother- I can tell you he’s a good Carlton man, just calls it as he sees it, just because he’s not a sugar coater and doesn’t suit the narrative of most around here doesn’t mean his opinion isn’t valid.

Gecko is the reason I avoid it when we lose. The other two can offset it when we do well, but Gecko is wonderfully adept at combining arrogant, condescending, whining and relentless negativity and it makes for painful listening. The other two seem to manage to criticise and complain without being painful.
which poster is this gecko?
Soapy V , pretty sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back