Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one bud?
Carlton being debt free after almost having to shut the doors 15 years ago is a huge accomplishment and is a credit to the current off-field set up we have.

Things going right off-field are the first steps to getting them right on field.

We can't be a power house club again without getting this stuff right.

Good job Blues

Carlton being debt free after almost having to shut the doors 15 years ago is a huge accomplishment and is a credit to the current off-field set up we have.

Things going right off-field are the first steps to getting them right on field.

We can't be a power house club again without getting this stuff right.

Good job Blues
emoji106.png

And yet people in the media etc were calling for MLG's head not that long ago.

We've done a great job getting guys like SOS, Liddle, Lloyd & Russell into the club in recent years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP Kenny. A great Carlton man who I saw on many occasions over the years.

David McKay’s quote is a beauty. I wonder where that van is now.

Just listened to the Herald Sun's podcast 'Sacked' with Robert Walls. I love Wallsy. Very personable and doesn't hold back when he has an opinion, which is great because I think he's mostly on the money.

The things I took away from it for those that haven't listened.
  • He's basically just been an unpaid mentor for the coaches but did give the playing group a rocket for not standing up to GWS's physicality
  • Bolts wasn't doing anything particularly wrong but ultimately it's a win/loss industry
  • Teague is doing a good job and if he keeps winning then he must be considered for the top job. I think this particular point is a given.
  • Carlton are well positioned to win more games than it loses over the next couple of years (i.e. should play finals)
  • Interestingly but not surprisingly (for me) Cuningham is going to be a very good player. Mentioned in the same breath as the very best of the club's youngsters.
Nothing particularly earth shattering but it does sound like Carlton have pretty much got their house in order.

Edit: Forgot to mention in relation to getting an experienced coach he thinks it’s more important to get a good coach than an experienced coach, as Pagan and Malthouse clearly didn’t work.

And they should be looking for an attacking coach.

Last edited:
  • Interestingly but not surprisingly (for me) Cuningham is going to be a very good player. Mentioned in the same breath as the very best of the club's youngsters.
Nothing particularly earth shattering but it does sound like Carlton have pretty much got their house in order.

It is interesting he should bring up Cuningham, in particular.
Clearly the club likes what it sees as there wouldn't have been a 3 year contract dropped, but I doubt all supporters would have seen what he's capable of.

Cuningham reminds me of Brad Pearce in an odd sort of way, except for Cuningham being busier.
The room afforded to Pearce won't be there for Cuningham of course, but there could be a similar role there for him, playing forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back