Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Love this line from Cripps :

“I always said, ‘If you can build something from the bottom up its going to be bloody special, and the reason I signed last year, I want to help create that here. It’s a massive club, it’s a big four club which has been starved of success. Now it has turned, I know it’s going to be pretty special.

“This place is going to erupt, I can feel it.”

El Topo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2013
the wilderness
AFL Club
Carlton
Love this line from Cripps :

“I always said, ‘If you can build something from the bottom up its going to be bloody special, and the reason I signed last year, I want to help create that here. It’s a massive club, it’s a big four club which has been starved of success. Now it has turned, I know it’s going to be pretty special.

“This place is going to erupt, I can feel it.”

I love it when he talks dirty.

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Then, "the penny dropped'' and, with guidance from Chris Judd, defender Michael Jamison and dietary advice from Andrew Walker, he began to develop the rigor and self-improvement that has defined his first 99 games.

Awesome article!
The value of the veterans and leaders in the playing group. What this article is demonstrating is that while Cripps may have had all the physical attributes, he still needed the right influences along the way for him to achieve his potential. So glad he got those even in our darkest times.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Awesome article!
The value of the veterans and leaders in the playing group. What this article is demonstrating is that while Cripps may have had all the physical attributes, he still needed the right influences along the way for him to achieve his potential. So glad he got those even in our darkest times.

Jamo was a very underrated player at our club for a long time. Don't think he ever got his due credit really (least from the media)
Absolute stalwart and leader through some pretty rough and controversial seasons.

You always need blokes like him at your footy club (also impressed about how stood up for Gay Marriage during the plebiscite because of his twin brother. Seems like a person of real substance and character, Michael Jamison)

Channel 9 sports program is a desert for afl - who knew - crawford spouting rubbish about brisbane being everyone's second team this year - carlton game had vision of harry's goal and 12 seconds of commentary - a very strange panel of people that just don't jell on any level..........

Last edited:

Kleenex Crew

The Blue Baggers Podcast
Oct 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
Hey guys and girls. My mate and I finally bit the bullet recently and started our own Carlton podcast to shoot the breeze and discuss a subject we're obviously very passionate about. That and our partners were sick of the amount of time we spent discussing the Blues on the phone. It's a work in progress and we're only a few episodes in, but we'd love for you to have a listen to our latest episode and provide any constructive feedback you might have. What better timing than a passionate victory over the Saints right?

Anyhow, thanks in advance.

Spotify - http://bit.ly/the_bluebaggers
Apple Podcast - http://bit.ly/thebluebaggers

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
AFLPA Q & A with SPS ...

Status
Not open for further replies.