Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
That's the year we re-birthed, Tel. No doubt about it.
Next year will be fourth proper pre-season for most of them. McKay one less but those guys collectively going to be physically stronger next season and more cohesion with each other. They are like the chore of our re-birth and their impact next year could catapult us knocking on door of finals or bang down door if we actually got a decent run at it from injuries for once. Excites me how far physically developed Russell will have them after he been here 18 months.

Last edited:
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
The kids today all catching DVI's and stuff like that, one word people...prophylactics.

Do these guys even watch a game anymore or is it just about the stats?
This.

I like analysis, and I like for there to be a basis for an argument. Can't help thinking, though, that attempts to turn sport into an equation ruin the s**t out of it. Makes them better at winning, but makes the spectacle worse.

Have to say after listening to Barrett's podcast with Cain Liddle, Comes accross as very genuine and very comfortable he is our CEO.

Haven't listened to poddy yet, but his media/PR work is exceptional in my opinion.

He answers honestly and clearly. No long-winded BS.

Never gets tripped up when a journo lobs a curly question aimed trying to get him to say something he doesn't want to. Doesn't get caught, but doesn't change the subject either. Gives the answer he wants to/is able to.

Basically stays on message. Very slick operator and who I want representing this club in public.

Last edited:

Mezzoculo

Accurate. Brilliant. Unlikely.
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Haven't listened to pddy yet, but his media/PR work is exceptional in my opinion.

He answers honestly and clearly. No long-winded BS.

Never gets tripped up when a journo lobs a curly question aimed trying to get him to say something he doesn't want to. Doesn't get caught, but doesn't change the subject either. Gives the answer he wants to/is able to.

Basically stays on message. Very slick operator and who I want representing this club in public.
Wait. Where's the punchline? What did you do with the real ferris? :p

PS I couldn't agree more with your post. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
This.

I like analysis, and I like for there to be a basis for an argument. Can't help thinking, though, that attempts to turn sport into an equation ruin the s**t out of it. Makes them better at winning, but makes the spectacle worse.

At the risk of being dumped into the ol man(i'm not) bin by stat devotees, the over reliance on stats, stats, stats in a complex game is maddening. They have their place and usefulness, but footy is an intuitive game whereby game knowledge and eyesight should still be the driver of analysis.

I'm a fox footy subscriber, and honestly they may as well rename the channel The Champion Data Channel. Nearly ALL their analysis is Champion Data fed these days. And not just by David King either. It is infesting the game.

I would honestly like a Big Footy tag that denotes someone who doesn't play Supercoach or equivalent and who doesn't head str8 to the stats after a game, so i could get a better idea of who/what i am conversing with sometimes.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Have to say after listening to Barrett's podcast with Cain Liddle, Comes accross as very genuine and very comfortable he is our CEO.

Yeah, it was about 6 months or so ago that i became clear in my mind that we've got a good un. Forget the exact occasion, mightn't have been a big one, just sometimes it just hits you.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Pafloyul

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2004
Somewhere else
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
pancake-head_1571293i.jpg
If it were a cat, you could call it Pancake Pud.

My Hat

All Australian
Aug 18, 2018
My head
AFL Club
Carlton
Love those interviews with Liddle and Teague. It's not just the media skills, though they both have that in spades. It's the sense you get for what they bring to their jobs, their passion and commitment, and how they're approaching the challenges ahead of them. Delighted to have them both at the club in those roles.

Yubby

All Australian
Dec 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Nice interview here with Diesel about Crippa as he wins the league MVP award...

Bloody hell, Levi did drop a s**tload of weight. Looks like he did nothing but arms in the gym last off-season.

Levi is a ******* unit and playing the best footy of his career.

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Does Liddle cancel out the unbelievable annoyance that is Damien Barrett? I saw it but I'm not sure I'll be able to deal with Barret...

Actually I disagree. I thought the Podcast show a side of Barrett I hadn't seen before and thought his interview style and questions were good. He should stick to this more 'serious' side of journalist rather than trying to be a shock jock.

Cain Liddle - wow - how impresssive. If people haven't listened they should do themselves a favour. My only worry is Cain might end up a Brendan Gales 2IC running the AFL when Gil get's booted !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back