Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
at least then we'd have a friend inside afl headquarters........

giphy.gif

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Actually I disagree. I thought the Podcast show a side of Barrett I hadn't seen before and thought his interview style and questions were good. He should stick to this more 'serious' side of journalist rather than trying to be a shock jock.

Cain Liddle - wow - how impresssive. If people haven't listened they should do themselves a favour. My only worry is Cain might end up a Brendan Gales 2IC running the AFL when Gil get's booted !!
What are you disagreeing with? I was asking a question.

I did end up listening to it and it was very good, Barrett was acting like a real journalist which was nice. Liddle is immense, an excellent person to have at the club.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Just read the pitifully short write up about Walsh winning the rising star in the Herald-scum

AlarmingIndolentFalcon-size_restricted.gif

Elmer is angry, is Sydney Stack had won, there would be a 3 or 4 page spread.

Regardless of club affilation, it was a pitifully inadequate article for one of the major award winners of the AFL.

The HUN actually ran with a Scott Pendlebury 2 page spread of him taking a dump and other such crap in today's issue, which was the biggest waste of good money since I bought some West End Beer at a game v The Crows at Moron Park well over 20 years ago now.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Blues Banter - Father's Day

He's a bloody ripper!!!

As an aside, great to see Daisy still down there with the boys.....and still appears on our senior list on the CFC website where other delistings have been deleted.....hmmmmmmm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues Banter - Father's Day

Loved it how the dads of Kroos, TDK and Weiters towered over everyone

While Gibbo's, DeLuca's and Fish's dad looked like more of a mosquito fleet.

;)

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Starting a new series called Carlton People.

I'd love to feature as many diehard supporters as possible - I think we each have a unique drawcard to the club that is fascinating.

Please get in touch if you are interested!

Great idea BA, Thy would make a great first up victim

Bordertoon

Team Captain
Jun 25, 2017
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Newcastle United, Glasgow Rangers
Luke Power in talks to join the club
Tom Morris made Luke Power’s appointment sound like a fait accompli during last night’s episode of On The Couch, suggesting that he’d be announced in the next week or so as head of our player development program. In other words, he seemed more bullish on the appointment than this article, which only flags that talks are taking place.

Morris also said that Eddie looks like he’ll end up at Carlton, interestingly mostly because of Teaguey’s wishes rather than SOS’s, and that along with us both the Doggies and Essendon are into Jack Martin, who he said will be visiting our club today.

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
Just read the pitifully short write up about Walsh winning the rising star in the Herald-scum

AlarmingIndolentFalcon-size_restricted.gif

Elmer is angry, is Sydney Stack had won, there would be a 3 or 4 page spread.

Regardless of club affilation, it was a pitifully inadequate article for one of the major award winners of the AFL.

The HUN actually ran with a Scott Pendlebury 2 page spread of him taking a dump and other such crap in today's issue, which was the biggest waste of good money since I bought some West End Beer at a game v The Crows at Moron Park well over 20 years ago now.

I stopped spending good money on that rag years ago, I recommend you do the same. Trust me, you won't miss it. If you ever need a fix, spend the money on a McCoffee instead, and read the HUN in Macca's while you drink your coffee. Only takes a few minutes to scan all the articles worth reading.

JoeyPBLUES

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
The young bloke did a great job interviewing all his older team mates, didn't he? Perfect deadpan when he says "Can't imagine what that would be like." :laughing:

Ben getting some senior games - just jumped up higher on my wish list for 2020.

Mine too mate. If only for the interviews with him after the game 😂😂😂

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The young bloke did a great job interviewing all his older team mates, didn't he? Perfect deadpan when he says "Can't imagine what that would be like." :laughing:

Ben getting some senior games - just jumped up higher on my wish list for 2020.
The best was when Ben was drafted and asked what it was like being related to 3 Carlton legends and he corrected the interviewer that it was only 2 Carlton legends.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
If it not already mentioned, “The Trade Bell with Sam MacClure” is interesting listening; available on “AFL Trade Radio” podcast. At time of writing there’s been 2 episodes; each running about 15 mins. Apparently there’ll be an episode each week day in Sept. In first few episodes Sam’s touched on many of the things that have been discussed on here in Blue rumour thread; ie Cogs, Paps, Wines, Betts etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back