Not open for further replies.

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Anyone else find it a little odd we haven’t really heard from SOS or Agresta post-draft?

We are usually very quick with those videos, but this year...

Most other clubs have a video up, but us? Nothing.

Probably still out celebrating because we had such an amazing draft.

I mean Kemp at pick 17!!!!! How did SOS manage to pull that one off!!!!!!

How could the club not be stoked with that outcome :)

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone else find it a little odd we haven’t really heard from SOS or Agresta post-draft?

We are usually very quick with those videos, but this year...

Most other clubs have a video up, but us? Nothing.
Dunno...I've found SOS a bit more effusive with the various outlets this year...rather than his normal Johnny tightlips routine.

Last edited:

Amazing article on Sam Philp.

Interviews Northern Knights talent manager. Obviously it's going to be a 'Sam is a great kid' piece, but it's still really worth the read.

Talks about how hard he has worked on his speed and his overall game.

How he is known for speed but places huge value on consistency and defensive running.

How he overcame injury and being snubbed by Vic Country.

I know I've fallen for a lot of 'instantly admire your draftee' articles before. But with Sam I really think I am going to admire him. And instantly!

Interviews Northern Knights talent manager. Obviously it's going to be a 'Sam is a great kid' piece, but it's still really worth the read.

How he is known for speed but places huge value on consistency and defensive running.

I know I've fallen for a lot of 'instantly admire your draftee' articles before. But with Sam I really think I am going to admire him. And instantly!
Reckon I read somewhere he puts more into his defensive running than chasing a kick.

Coaches and team mates love that s**t

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton

Sensational.....it shows that not every player has that natural talent, and what you can achieve if you are prepared to work your butt off.

Ed Curnow is a similar type....I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever say a bad word against him, and he's managed to play 160 games for the club.....bad hairdo and all :)

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner

Yeah it was a ripping article and it’s great to see that like his new Captain Cripps he is constantly looking to improve specific areas of his game and driving himself to ever higher standards, it’s no great wonder we drafted him he is exactly the type we have specifically targeted for a while now, the highly resilient, self driven and motivated to succeed with huge upside and great leadership, ala Sam Walsh last year.

It is great to see how much our recruiting team now values the character of our draftees just as much as there level of talent, our rebuild has been about not only talent but rebuilding the culture of the club through these great young men and there outstanding characters and leadership which we now have in abundance, led by our 2 CoCaptains whose character and drive to succeed is of the highest caliber and really we are blessed to have 2 such great young men leading us out of the darkness and back into the glaring light of centre stage on the last Saturday in September.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Sam Walsh confident Blues can maintain momentum into 2020 under coach David Teague ...

Diesel is back for 2020

“My main thing is the basics: technique, handball, ball handling, kicking, all those sorts of things,” Williams told Carlton Media. “Practice is still king, it doesn’t matter if you’re a Brownlow Medallist or a new draftee. “It takes a lot of work to get the perfect technique. You need to have a technique where you have confidence in every facet of the game.”

There’s potential to do a lot of things, but as far as I’m concerned we’re third last. We’ve got to win early games and build our confidence,” he said. “There’s a lot of talent there, there’s no doubt about it, and there are some serious young players.

Diesel talking about his role at the Blues

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
How things have changed...

Would be fun to see the evening show called Football Inquest that I have never seen that got mentioned as coming up on their channel that night.
Funny how had to go in stands back then to get the premiership cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back