Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On this article, once our great sides had the lists required they built the killer instinct. Just like this side will do.
Theoretically
How much would we need to thrash them buy to get over 111.9?
Asking for a friend who failed stats.

Casual 90 point win should do it.
Paging Teddy Hopkins
Please come to the Gold Coast immediately.

Oh wait
We have a blue en DOWment for today.
She'll be right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lovely write up that one.
I love articles like this because they remind us that players aren’t stagnant. When I read comments like “if player X is still in the team by the end of the year then we haven’t improved” it seems to preclude that chance that player X can improve. I find it interesting that we expect improvement from some “just wait til Setters has played 50 games” or “TDK with 2 years growth ..”; we accept it in others (eg. Cripps getting a running coach, Levi working on goal kicking); but we sometimes deny it as a possibility in others. Why would Gibbons be the same player at the end of the year as at the start? Why wouldn’t Polson improve across a couple of years? Not all will make it or become what we had hoped but I can’t imagine many don’t change/improve.

CARLTON trio has been nominated for the 22under22 side.

After being named in the final team last year, Harry McKay, Sam Walsh and Jacob Weitering will all look to make it back-to-back nominations following their inclusions in the 40-man squad.

Decided on by the AFLPA Board, this year marks the ninth season of the 22under22 team, grouping together the best young talent in the competition

Fair call IMO. He still plays like a kid without aggression. His tackling particularly is half hearted one on one.

I agree.

"You've got to play like a man or don't play... Jobe was thinking he was going hard, he was going half-hard."

It's tough, but from an outsider's perspective, the above sums up Dow perfectly regarding intensity, physicality, defensive running, etc.

Fair call IMO. He still plays like a kid without aggression. His tackling particularly is half hearted one on one.
I agree. As good as the support structures in the junior development pathways are, that final step has to be taken by the player. Hopefully Paddy can make the transition soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back