Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Why does he have such a vendetta against CFC lmao.
If I had to guess I'd say he gets the strongest reaction when laying boots into us vs any other topic right now.

If Carlton fans stop responding to him then he'd stop doing it. So long as we foam at the mouth whenever he bags us he'll continue to bag us, why wouldn't he?

Last edited:

Brackets

Cancelled
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Guess who? :think:

I’ve spoken at length about the culture of losing, when they get into winnable positions like they have done a couple of times this year, they haven’t had that grit and determination to get over the line
Results for margins under 10 point: 5 wins 3 losses.

The sentiment may be correct, but the comments are rather baseless.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Seriously.

Why react to him? Why share his articles, and mention his name?

It isn't personal, it's strictly professional. He's doing this to elicit this kind of a response from you, and to make you want to share your outrage. It doesn't matter to him what you think of him; he's a professional provocateur. His ******* job is completely and comprehensively to get you talking, either about him or about his opinion. His position exists to make you click on articles which have ads attached, and to call up radio stations to bitch about him, and to make comments on social media.

If you want him to go away, pretend he doesn't exist. Don't click on his media; don't give him any screen time. Seriously. For *'s sake. How many ******* times do I have to say it?

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Seriously.

It isn't personal, it's strictly professional. He's doing this to elicit this kind of a response from you, and to make you want to share your outrage. It doesn't matter to him what you think of him; he's a professional provocateur. His ******* job is completely and comprehensively to get you talking, either about him or about his opinion. His position exists to make you click on articles which have ads attached, and to call up radio stations to b*tch about him, and to make comments on social media.

If you want him to go away, pretend he doesn't exist. Don't click on his media; don't give him any screen time. Seriously. For fu**'s sake. How many ******* times do I have to say it?
I said it I think on this thread only a page or 2 back, it's so frustrating because it's such a thinly veiled gameplan by Kane that I can't believe we've been biting all year, if not for several years.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I said it I think on this thread only a page or 2 back, it's so frustrating because it's such a thinly veiled gameplan by Kane that I can't believe we've been biting all year, if not for several years.
This is my definitive opinion on the subject. I'm bone tired of it.

This one goes out to everyone who has bitched or is thinking of bitching about Kane ******* Cornes in the past week.

Just don't ******* do it. Nup. Don't even think about it. Don't give him a thought. Do not.

He's not worth it, and your continued patronage of the formats he inhabits emboldens him, and provides him employment via their ad revenue. His manager can create analysis based on social media mentioning him, and yes that includes this website! He is an opinion columnist, and his views do not influence you or your life in any meaningful way whatsoever; he as irrelevant to you as the sh*t someone else took yesterday.

Are you looking to be ******* outraged? Does it make you feel good? Do you wind up feeling better for showing him a piece of your mind without him being there? In what ******* way does it help you to vent your displeasure at what another person said, not even to you?

And now you've got me contributing.

If you do not like Kane Cornes, or his opinions, do not listen to them. If he comes on the radio and you don't like him or anyone else, turn it off. Remember rule 1: DO NOT LISTEN TO KANE CORNES.

From this point, if I see bitching about him on here, I'm going to respond with open hostility. I'm about ******* done. The man said something, and you're livid: well, now I'm livid at you for your open stupidity.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos

Not sure why Josh Kelly is being mentioned as becoming available but not a bad pivot on the trade agenda
I'd suggest it's because his contract is structured in a weird way, he signed a 2 yr deal with a 7yr option, meaning if right now he can leave if he chooses, but if he stays the contract becomes a 9 yr total deal.

So he's still a target, probably for many clubs, right now.

SafeAsMilk

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Seriously.

It isn't personal, it's strictly professional. He's doing this to elicit this kind of a response from you, and to make you want to share your outrage. It doesn't matter to him what you think of him; he's a professional provocateur. His ******* job is completely and comprehensively to get you talking, either about him or about his opinion. His position exists to make you click on articles which have ads attached, and to call up radio stations to b*tch about him, and to make comments on social media.

If you want him to go away, pretend he doesn't exist. Don't click on his media; don't give him any screen time. Seriously. For fu**'s sake. How many ******* times do I have to say it?

...or the club can start performing at a level that gives him nothing to write about.

Own The Future

Club Legend
Nov 8, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
...or the club can start performing at a level that gives him nothing to write about.

I agree with this.
I do think Kane delights in sinking the boots into CFC, but realistically other than his stupid campaign against Walsh he is not making outrageous statements.
In my opinion:
- We are mentally fragile and don’t have a winning mentality.
- A lot of our younger players are not developing as quickly as you’d hope.
- The club should be slightly annoyed at Charlie Curnow repeatedly being injured in off-field incidents.

I don’t like or respect Kane Cornes, but it’s not like he is blatantly exaggerating these particular issues.

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
Guess who? :think:

Pretty hard to disagree with him at the moment. Can't stand the bloke and I know he does it for click bait, but at the moment and the performances we have put on the field for the last 6 weeks makes it very hard to argue the point. Until we become a club who can win weekly the knives will always come out.
Even Adelaide have managed to win 3 in a row this season, something we have failed to do for years.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Not sure if serious.

He will write about literally anything. It doesn't matter to him. He will take the dumbest interpretation from anything - a press conference, a postmatch review, a statement made by quite literally anyone on the periphery of a football club - and spin it into something to criticise whether with foundation or not.

So, you can do your utmost to defend a person who is a carrion bird in full flight - which is what you're doing here - in favour of bitching yet further about our club, or you can simply be well aware of what he is and how he's going to behave and starve him of the exposure his career requires.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Nice to see Crippa's incredible solo effort as #1 in 'The 10' best moments of the round on afl.com.au

Goal of the week maybe? Small bit of glee in a disappointing weekend.

I hope his set shot miss from 30 out directly in front 2 minutes earlier was #1 in 'The 10 Worst Moments of the Round.'

Dec 26, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I agree with this.
I do think Kane delights in sinking the boots into CFC, but realistically other than his stupid campaign against Walsh he is not making outrageous statements.
In my opinion:
- We are mentally fragile and don’t have a winning mentality.
- A lot of our younger players are not developing as quickly as you’d hope.
- The club should be slightly annoyed at Charlie Curnow repeatedly being injured in off-field incidents.

I don’t like or respect Kane Cornes, but it’s not like he is blatantly exaggerating these particular issues.
I loathe the guy as much as anyone but there is a fair bit of truth in what’s he’s saying, especially leadership at the crunch times. Off season need to get players in with a harder edge, no doubt.

LFTWNG11

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
S.S. Lazio
Kane Cornes is a *******.

But was 100% bang on footy classified as was Carro.

Watch the first 5-10 mins of the show.

Edit:

In the many low points of the past 5 seasons, this is one of the most glaring. Re-affirms my feeling that we won't make real strides until the old guard has fully moved on (i.e. Murph and Casboult join Simpson and Gibbs in retirement).

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I loathe the guy as much as anyone but there is a fair bit of truth in what’s he’s saying, especially leadership at the crunch times. Off season need to get players in with a harder edge, no doubt.
To be fair to the anti-Kornes sentiment. Anyone with half a brain could make those statements. Any Blues support with anything less than total rose-coloured glasses on can see those things are true of us.

Perhaps its getting more air time because its him. I stopped paying attention to him a long time ago. Much happier as a result.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Nice to see Crippa's incredible solo effort as #1 in 'The 10' best moments of the round on afl.com.au

Goal of the week maybe? Small bit of glee in a disappointing weekend.
Happened right in front of me. It was the only moment that got me out of my chair at the ground all game.

If Cuners kicked his that would've been close too actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back