Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been integral to our rebirth. If he left...he'd be an opposition player.
Yes,
but he'd be OUR oposition player.

Yeah, that really makes no sense does it. :p
Look, you folks are just BORED.
Crippa is not going anywhere that navy blue doesn't lead him.
He loves us and we love him.
End of story.
tenor-10.gif

Players and their managers and Clubs they play for have no idea what the available salary cap will be in season '22 - this means that very special players will wait for more clarity from the AFL before finalisng their contracts - as their own Clubs will be clueless about what they can or cant spend.

Last edited:

He will get that type of contract from us regardless of results this year.

The guy has several elite seasons left in him, we won’t be letting him go unless he is adamant that he is going elsewhere. It won’t be over the number of dollars on his contract.

Money will be a factor. The Eagles will be seriously cashed up this year with a few big name retirements (this year and over the next few years), and they are already cashed up to the eyeballs being the wealthiest club in the land. They've been planning for this exact thing and are entirely capable of tabling a massive offer (plus 'off field' marketing, real estate, media gigs etc).

Dont get me wrong, I reckon he stays, and I reckon the main point of contention will be if he honestly thinks he's gonna get a flag with us in the next 5 years (so our performance this year needs to back up that narrative).

Money will be a factor. The Eagles will be seriously cashed up this year with a few big name retirements (this year and over the next few years), and they are already cashed up to the eyeballs being the wealthiest club in the land. They've been planning for this exact thing and are entirely capable of tabling a massive offer (plus 'off field' marketing, real estate, media gigs etc).

Dont get me wrong, I reckon he stays, and I reckon the main point of contention will be if he honestly thinks he's gonna get a flag with us in the next 5 years (so our performance this year needs to back up that narrative).

WC is missing an inside bull .... funny that ...

Have we overrated West Coast's midfield group? (sen.com.au)

Watters feels they’re missing a player capable of winning their own ball on the inside of stoppages.

“I don’t think they were ever the best midfield. I think Collingwood has got them covered and they’re starting to show that because it’s the balance of the midfield that is the question,” Watters told Footy SA & WA.

“If you look through Andrew Gaff, Luke Shuey, Tim Kelly, Jack Redden – where is the inside competitive beast at this football club?

I expect Cripps will stay. But if he doesn't, he will only go to WCE. Now WCE won't be finishing low so there's zero chance they will throw the old "preseason draft" line our way.

The blues would want an almighty return on Cripps and would be well within their right to force a trade rather than taking a 1st round compo pick.

Carlton would request 2 x top 10 picks and id expect they would want the 1st one in the top 3 of the draft.

What will be will be if he leaves. However, he will ensure we are rewarded handsomely because that's the type of guy he is.

WC is missing an inside bull .... funny that ...

Have we overrated West Coast's midfield group? (sen.com.au)

"

Watters feels they’re missing a player capable of winning their own ball on the inside of stoppages.

“I don’t think they were ever the best midfield. I think Collingwood has got them covered and they’re starting to show that because it’s the balance of the midfield that is the question,” Watters told Footy SA & WA.

“If you look through Andrew Gaff, Luke Shuey, Tim Kelly, Jack Redden – where is the inside competitive beast at this football club?

“It’s a gap that they’ve had even when they were winning premierships and still had that gap.

"

I hope Cripps doesn't like the idea of going to WC to replace a bunch of old boys who couldnt beat Richmond - as their claim to fame. I do believe money might factor into things though and why shouldn't it? All this underlines to me anyway - how important it is for a bunch of high pick done nothings yet at Carlton to lift - significantly - something Cripps has been asking of them for a couple of years.

Every time I hear Teague (and before him Bolton) say Cripps is a 'warrior' regarding the lack of obvious star midfield support around him - I wince.

If Cripps | Ed | Setterfield | Williams and Walsh are the starting squad - Teague has to find at least three others who can either rotate off the bench or off HF to keep the BBQ hot when one or two of these blokes is having a breather - especially against the better sides.

Hopefully some of these young underperforming gunna be stars wake up and start delivering - which means giving the opposition multiple worries to be concerned between the arcs -Williams will be a boost as will be a more mature Walsh and a growing in stature Setterfield - but we need Dow/Stocker/Cuningham and maybe some unexpected freak breakout from the younger lot to step up in a big way to re-establish lost momentum from second half of last year - and keep feeding what should be a pretty hot forward line capability for us.

I don’t believe Crippa is going anywhere i believe we will make more progress this year then be a strong contender the following years...

Interesting WCE are a really older experienced team that should still be finalist for a few years you would think yet but then the retirements will start to happen and their next wave replacing them...

Hypothetically if Cripps was to decide to head back home for personal reasons then i can’t see WCE having the adequate compensation with their draft selections unless there was some serious trading with a third or even fourth club enabling higher better compensated picks, there’s not much with younger players from Victoria that excite me too much besides maybe Jarrod Brander that have the scope to become high quality future players...

Kennedy 34 August
Hurn 34 September
Natanui 31 May
Shuey 31 June
Redden 31 December
Sheppard 30 May
Vardy 30 June
Hutchings 30 May
Gaff 29 June
Cripps 29 April
Darling 29 June
McGovern 29
Yeo 28 October
Kelly 27 July
Barrass 26 October
Sheed 26 April

I don’t believe Crippa is going anywhere i believe we will make more progress this year then be a strong contender the following years...

Interesting WCE are a really older experienced team that should still be finalist for a few years you would think yet but then the retirements will start to happen and their next wave replacing them...

Hypothetically if Cripps was to decide to head back home for personal reasons then i can’t see WCE having the adequate compensation with their draft selections unless there was some serious trading with a third or even fourth club enabling higher better compensated picks, there’s not much with younger players from Victoria that excite me too much besides maybe Jarrod Brander that have the scope to become high quality future players...

Kennedy 34 August
Hurn 34 September
Natanui 31 May
Shuey 31 June
Redden 31 December
Sheppard 30 May
Vardy 30 June
Hutchings 30 May
Gaff 29 June
Cripps 29 April
Darling 29 June
McGovern 29
Yeo 28 October
Kelly 27 July
Barrass 26 October
Sheed 26 April
They need to escape while the window is still open. Can see it being slammed shut in another season or so

I expect Cripps will stay. But if he doesn't, he will only go to WCE. Now WCE won't be finishing low so there's zero chance they will throw the old "preseason draft" line our way.

The blues would want an almighty return on Cripps and would be well within their right to force a trade rather than taking a 1st round compo pick.

Carlton would request 2 x top 10 picks and id expect they would want the 1st one in the top 3 of the draft.

What will be will be if he leaves. However, he will ensure we are rewarded handsomely because that's the type of guy he is.
"The fact is if their first pick isn't on the table it's no deal." Trevor Nisbett.

He will get paid wherever he ends up, money will not be the motivating factor for leaving or staying.

As you said, our performance will be a motivator to stay, family might be a reason to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might as well shelve the Cripps talk for a little until after the B&F.

Would make sense to announce a signing or two there.

This would make Crushy very very happy.

I can't see WC having enough coin to outbid us, so if Cripps does leave, it will be a Dangerfield situation

If Cripps doesn't sign on by mid year, I would be concerned
Agreed, we have until about the bye before getting worried.

However even if he does leave, this isn't the end of the world. Doc is a great captain, Weiters/Walsh are awesome leaders, and we'll sure get more than enough compensation through a trade. Life will go on, and I don't think the loss will be as drastic as some might be thinking.

I still believe he will stay, but it's just a waiting game for now. An announcement at the B&F makes the most sense.

Kennedy 34 August
Hurn 34 September
Natanui 31 May
Shuey 31 June
Redden 31 December
Sheppard 30 May
Vardy 30 June
Hutchings 30 May
Gaff 29 June
Cripps 29 April
Darling 29 June
McGovern 29
Yeo 28 October
Kelly 27 July
Barrass 26 October
Sheed 26 April
Holy s**t! I didn't think Yeo was that old.

Holy sh*t! I didn't think Yeo was that old.
Was a little myself, same year as Doc both drafted by Brisbane in 2011 Doc also turns 28 in October...
Doesn’t time fly along so fast, Crippa and Doc are in their prime and yet to experience any finals footy at all yet, that’s f’kd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back