Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll settle for decent forward entries ...meaning 40/50/60 meter bullets - We have Saad and Williamson playing off HBF - lerts see who Teague thinks is going to have not only have the run bit also the marking power to allow these big kickers to hit them up - so far all I have seen is Teague thinking wingmen are extra defenders
And that's why I'd like to see Saad and Williams playing off half back, with Willo moving up the ground to a wing.

Last year we played our best football when we played an attacking style....the second half of the year when we went back to the crabbing style around the boundaries were where we were open for rebounds. Gives the oppo plenty of time to structure up their defence, and we got heavily scored against.

I remember the pre season game against the Bombers a few years back where we were completely in control until Saad and McKenna started carving us up off half back. We've got those weapons now where we can move the ball a lot more quickly through the midfield before the opposition can flood back and set up their defences.

The addition of those two in one off season could make a massive difference to our game style. The rest is up to Teague how we use them.

And that's why I'd like to see Saad and Williams playing off half back, with Willo moving up the ground to a wing.

Last year we played our best football when we played an attacking style....the second half of the year when we went back to the crabbing style around the boundaries were where we were open for rebounds. Gives the oppo plenty of time to structure up their defence, and we got heavily scored against.

I remember the pre season game against the Bombers a few years back where we were completely in control until Saad and McKenna started carving us up off half back. We've got those weapons now where we can move the ball a lot more quickly through the midfield before the opposition can flood back and set up their defences.

The addition of those two in one off season could make a massive difference to our game style. The rest is up to Teague how we use them.

I agree with where you are coming from

In my hypothetical who plays where in GF for us - my starting back six would be:

Newman Jones Docherty
Saad Weitering Williams

IC: Marchbank EM: Plowman

that structure presupposes massive improvement from the usual developing suspects OR a signing of a genuine A grade mid

right now Williamson is playing HBF - because ( I think) Marchbanak and Newman are not available to play - Williamson apparently was trainign on a wing as much as in defence during pre-season.

so we push Setters out of on-ball to a wing - weakening on ball with a not perfect wingman - has the smarts not the kick or leg speed hiding Ed on a wing doesn't work either he is less capable at that than Setters.

Noticed this one about Barker and his coaching aspirations...

Think there are more people looking instead of becoming head coaches who are simply content with the lower level of responsibility as a professional line or a strategy coach, after what happened to Rhyce Shaw. Look at Caracella, Scarlett; both have the cred to become head coaches, but are seemingly content to remain second fiddle.

If I were suddenly to get control of our football department, I'd be sending someone to offer Scarlett AAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the money to come couch either our reserves or our backline. The dude's one of the best identifiers and developers of back line rebound without compromising structure or defensive capability in the comp.

As for Barker, without being inside this club or the other clubs we can't really know how well/poorly he does his job. If he's good at keeping the players chill, then we need better strategists around him to compensate, and he shouldn't be in charge of strategy at all. But we don't have any way of knowing that.

Think there are more people looking instead of becoming head coaches who are simply content with the lower level of responsibility as a professional line or a strategy coach, after what happened to Rhyce Shaw. Look at Caracella, Scarlett; both have the cred to become head coaches, but are seemingly content to remain second fiddle.

If I were suddenly to get control of our football department, I'd be sending someone to offer Scarlett AAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the money to come couch either our reserves or our backline. The dude's one of the best identifiers and developers of back line rebound without compromising structure or defensive capability in the comp.

As for Barker, without being inside this club or the other clubs we can't really know how well/poorly he does his job. If he's good at keeping the players chill, then we need better strategists around him to compensate, and he shouldn't be in charge of strategy at all. But we don't have any way of knowing that.

I'd settle for a midfield coach who had a clue - Weitering will be on-field coach of the defence for the next decade.

I agree with where you are coming from

In my hypothetical who plays where in GF for us - my starting back six would be:

Newman Jones Docherty
Saad Weitering Williams

IC: Marchbank EM: Plowman

that structure presupposes massive improvement from the usual developing suspects OR a signing of a genuine A grade mid
1000% agree on that starting back 6 with Marchy on the bench.
I totally forgot to mention Newman in my previous comment - he was huge for us in 2019. Can't wait until he's back in our starting line up.

Don't disagree with that either. One of the reasons I want to see the likes of Stocker coming through, SPS playing more mid minutes, LOB, Williams, etc, they hit targets
I was at Marvel and Williams didn't seem like SPS in terms of his on field kicks. He was brilliant in the midfield and felt absolutely dangerous resting in the forward line but it didn't feel like he was nailing all his targets.
That's being said at the ground I was very unimpressed by LOB but people who watched the broadcast seemed to take away a different opinion so just my two cents.

Slobbo wants a ban for Williams. Absolute scum that bloke
I have it on good authority, from someone who had a desk close to his at HS, that the rumours surrounding his odour are indeed very true.

Not particularly revenant here, but thought some might like to hear it.

You can smell him coming.

I have it on good authority, from someone who had a desk close to his at HS, that the rumours surrounding his odour are indeed very true.

Not particularly revenant here, but thought some might like to hear it.

You can smell him coming.

His hangover farts would be pretty rank too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Admission that he is not up to it? Right opportunity? He took us when we sucked and he knew we sucked. Fresh blood? Might be time.
Can I make up something to fit my narrative? Can I ask a lot of irrelevant questions that have nothing to do with this article? Maybe I can get someone to agree with me?

Confirmation of what we already knew in Herald Sun today.

Our jumper voted THE BEST !!! :D

Nothing we don’t have going for us.

A Crows supporting relative loves our theme song. He even belted it out in 2001 at the MCG before our final against Adelaide. Was a funny sight to see his son getting more and more embarrassed.

I was at Marvel and Williams didn't seem like SPS in terms of his on field kicks. He was brilliant in the midfield and felt absolutely dangerous resting in the forward line but it didn't feel like he was nailing all his targets.
That's being said at the ground I was very unimpressed by LOB but people who watched the broadcast seemed to take away a different opinion so just my two cents.
Why exactly is that so? Not trying to be a pest, just curious.

I thought he was good, had some nice kicks, got the ball a fair bit, but nothing too flashy either.

Why exactly is that so? Not trying to be a pest, just curious.

I thought he was good, had some nice kicks, got the ball a fair bit, but nothing too flashy either.
It all happened on the other wing but I remember early into his time on the ground I said to my brother 'his first four possessions have been a turnover or nothing, he won't be sleeping well tonight'
But the televised broadcast could have shown more to the story.

Can I make up something to fit my narrative? Can I ask a lot of irrelevant questions that have nothing to do with this article? Maybe I can get someone to agree with me?

Why don't you or any other " Barker is a gun" poster - explain the meaning of the article instead of pot-shotting other people's readings? Have you even read it?
I've stated my response to the article and what I read into the type of organisational behaviour it suggests- why don't you state your response with reference to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back