found object

Team Captain
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Sod off mate, it's not my wish that these guys never get dropped, I'd love it if they did provided it's happening because the young blokes behind them are ready.

As I said earlier, maybe they are ready now, you and I aren't really in a position to judge that though, are we. I'm happy to trust that power and O'Keefe are finally giving us some proper, tailored, targeted development work at the lower level and that if they feel players still need to improve in certain areas that we respect that.

Let Murph play a role for a bit longer if it means these blokes are finally getting developed properly.

You can sod off...

You're content to see these older blokes stink it up week after week and provide all the excuses you can think of for them...

Here's how we're developing -> bring a kid in, play him in a spot he isn't suited and when he doesn't perform drop him for another kid rinse and repeat.

Setterfield did the hard yards... and proved himself... He's being pushed out of his preferred by Ed Curnow.

Betts has been rubbish, for too long now. The kids are performing, give at least one of them a go!

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
That's a cop out.

Why aren't the coaches making these demands about improving to the older blokes?

Murphy's playing like a guy who is desperately trying to avoid an injury.

Betts is past it.

You won't be convincing me that Honey isn't ready for a shot based on his 1 game in and out last year.

You will get your wish though.... no way Betts, Levi or Murphy will ever get dropped. They either retire or get injured to miss games.
I remember a snippet I heard from Cameron Ling on ABC radio last year, where he was discussing us in relation to SPS. He talked about how it took nearly two seasons of James Bartel in reserves racking up possessions for fun before Bartel got it; they didn't care how much of the ball he got if he wasn't going to play they way they wanted him to play. He did what they wanted for two weeks, then he was in, albeit on the HBF to further develop him in the right habits, which is where SPS was involved.

I certainly don't disagree that the senior players you mention aren't exactly smashing it, but we don't know what's being asked of them, nor do we know what's being asked from the younger blokes. We don't know how clear or complex the instruction is, nor do we know the specific KPI's.

I don't know what Honey needs to get promoted. He should be on the cusp, one would think.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Well, then.

Between this, MLG leaving and the inclusion of Worsfold, suggests something's moving behind the scenes.

Triniboy

All Australian
Sep 26, 2011
Caribbean
AFL Club
Carlton
Sod off mate, it's not my wish that these guys never get dropped, I'd love it if they did provided it's happening because the young blokes behind them are ready.

As I said earlier, maybe they are ready now, you and I aren't really in a position to judge that though, are we. I'm happy to trust that power and O'Keefe are finally giving us some proper, tailored, targeted development work at the lower level and that if they feel players still need to improve in certain areas that we respect that.

Let Murph play a role for a bit longer if it means these blokes are finally getting developed properly.
Water boy or runner would be his role these days

I know our new president has been on the board for a long while - but he was ruthless in his time as CEO of PwC. Hopefully that filters through the ranks.
as long as he feels the need to present himself as having forced domination over women I'll be happy.............

Jimmyonesix

Premiership Player
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Well, then.

Between this, MLG leaving and the inclusion of Worsfold, suggests something's moving behind the scenes.
Yes there is no one left from the start of rebuild by years end .. might be big adjustments -- Judd would not be happy with his performance as footy department director

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes there is no one left from the start of rebuild by years end .. might be big adjustments -- Judd would not be happy with his performance as footy department director
I don’t know, maybe he is?

In his 3 and a half years on the board we’ve replaced the Head of Football, replaced the Coach, replaced Head of Recruitment, boosted the footy department (before covid/soft cap), boosted development.

I think there are issues with his Directorship, but we’ve made a lot of change under his watch.

Jimmyonesix

Premiership Player
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I don’t know, maybe he is?

In his 3 and a half years on the board we’ve replaced the Head of Football, replaced the Coach, replaced Head of Recruitment, boosted the footy department (before covid/soft cap), boosted development.

I think there are issues with his Directorship, but we’ve made a lot of change under his watch.
That we have ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back