Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There really isn’t much in there about how we ruined Patrick Cripps..,
“I’ve always feared for Patrick Cripps.
He wears more bandages than Phar Lap.
Once he established himself as a top midfielder, heavy expectation was placed on his shoulders.
It can wear a player out.
It is a rare event that a young player will win you a game of footy”

I don’t know, maybe he is?

In his 3 and a half years on the board we’ve replaced the Head of Football, replaced the Coach, replaced Head of Recruitment, boosted the footy department (before covid/soft cap), boosted development.

I think there are issues with his Directorship, but we’ve made a lot of change under his watch.
All poor decisions and now walks away. Judd is for Chris Judd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was waiting for the punchline- mistakenly thought there was another page where MM would actually explain “how Carlton have ruined Cripps”. But no.

As mentioned above, clickbait
It was quite an odd article. An unfocused rambling Malthouse stream of consciousness. I hope he found it cathartic because I certainly didn’t.

Herald Sun, The Tackle:

Carlton president Mark LoGiudice said on Sunday he was amazed there was the suggestion coach David Teague was under pressure. By the end of the day, LoGiudice’s confidence would be absolute. Not sure everyone else has the same confidence, but win the Blues did. And they won it on the back of punishing Essendon’s mistakes and on the back of Sam Walsh, Harry McKay and their reigning best-and-fairest Jacob Weitering. The issue was they allowed Essendon 63 inside-50s and if not for Weitering, the W could’ve been an L. He took 11 marks, five of them intercepts, and time and again was a Goliath in the D50. With those bookends, and Walsh’s astonishing work rate and smarts in the middle, the Blues have the pillars. They just need to work on improving their overall defence.

1. Adam Saad was worth the big price
There was plenty of argy-bargy in last year's Trade Period about the value of Adam Saad. But the Bomber-turned-Blues defender showed he was worth every bit of Carlton's investment, which saw it part with a first-round pick (No.8 overall) and a five-year deal worth about $650,000 a season. Saad showed on Sunday that he was the player Carlton needed to bring in after he walked out on Essendon, proving they don't have a type like him with his exhilarating run and carry. The Bombers have found a strong replacement at much lower price in Nick Hind, but Saad was damaging against his old side, whose supporters booed him at every opportunity of his 21-disposal and one-goal game. - Callum Twomey

ffs

He is a marvel.
I hate how our team always seems to get focus on one player as saviour though.
And here we go again with 'make him Captain make him Captain'
How about we don't!
Let's take it easy. He is still a kid.
Give him time and space to grow.

Last edited:

Midfielder Paddy Dow was also substituted out of the game early after copping a poke in the eye.

Not a terrible article, mainly just quotes from Teague... but this last paragraph... a poke in the eye? How can you write an article about a game without even watching the ******* game??

That's like saying Tomlinson scratched his knee yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back