Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting (to a small point) as to what may have gone down between Rebecca and this guy.

Seems to have been some history (maybe) but I feel that the kiss was not as much the issue, as was the hand on the shoulder.
No need for that at all.....nor the kiss really.....but that comfort of someone other than your partner coming across so familiar, is somewhat creepy.
Jones does seem to have a completely unfounded sense of his own standing in the game.

In his own mind I'm sure he thinks all the ladies want a little touch on the shoulder from Tony.

Just watched the Open Mike on John & Marc Murphy. I found it really interesting really. Marc was a bit cagey to start with, but opened up a bit after 10 minutes or so. But was more interest in Johns opinions.
A couple of points I found interesting.

John on the club previously: He didn't blatantly say it, but he was very frustrated and annoyed with the club. He didn't know anything about the coaches. Felt like they weren't cared about in the club.

Malthouse on Marc: He didn't like how Murphy was treated by Malthouse. I wasn't aware of this (may be common knowledge, I could have just missed it) but apparently Malthouse rode Murphy very hard and treated him perhaps harshly. And John did not like that, basically saying yeah I didn't like it. That's all I'm saying about that. Obviously very unhappy about it.

I was also surprised by his candidness on Murphy's playing performance. Saying openly he needs to kick more goals and that he thinks he should get more disposals and more more of a desire to be the best.

He said Marc has 3 or 4 years left. Marc said 4 or 5 years. Just found it interesting John didn't think he had TOO long left. (3 years being relatively short amount of time left considering he's 28...)

I was also surprised by his candidness on Murphy's playing performance. Saying openly he needs to kick more goals and that he thinks he should get more disposals and more more of a desire to be the best.

He said Marc has 3 or 4 years left. Marc said 4 or 5 years. Just found it interesting John didn't think he had TOO long left. (3 years being relatively short amount of time left considering he's 28...)

John also spoke about how Marc's last 5 years have not been great injury wise so I imagine John will be of the view that it has taken its toll on him. Where as Marc on the other hand still thinks he has his best football in front of him.

Murph did an interview this year, I'm thinking it was 360 and he was very very cold to a Malthouse question, so definitely something there.

Just watched the Open Mike on John & Marc Murphy. I found it really interesting really. Marc was a bit cagey to start with, but opened up a bit after 10 minutes or so. But was more interest in Johns opinions.
A couple of points I found interesting.

John on the club previously: He didn't blatantly say it, but he was very frustrated and annoyed with the club. He didn't know anything about the coaches. Felt like they weren't cared about in the club.

Malthouse on Marc: He didn't like how Murphy was treated by Malthouse. I wasn't aware of this (may be common knowledge, I could have just missed it) but apparently Malthouse rode Murphy very hard and treated him perhaps harshly. And John did not like that, basically saying yeah I didn't like it. That's all I'm saying about that. Obviously very unhappy about it.

I see the two bolded things possibly being linked. Earlier in his career Murphy used to kick more goals and get more disposals. He's more of a quiet achiever, rather than someone who outwardly looks like they have the desire to be the best. Reckon Mick was trying to light a fire under him to bring out his best.
Obviously not the best way to motivate Marc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Two Tones – Episode 28

Tony Moclair and Tony De Bolfo briefly summarise Carlton's loss to the Lions and then focus on previewing this Sunday's clash with Melbourne at the MCG.

Honestly how can Cripps be left out of that 20 by 2020 future stars team? What an absolute joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back