Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was on EON Sports radio this morning.
Qualifier is Sanderson is an idiot
I don't know Sanderson well enough to agree or disagree, but could it not simply be a case of him forgetting about Cripps, or missing a part of the convo where he mentioned something that would keep Cripps out of his list?
The amount of times that I've seen people make a list of players for something then have somebody say 'what about such and such', which is normally followed up by 'crap, how could I forget them'. Or the other day there was a list of players under 22 that Cripps wasn't part of and people were kicking up a stink, but it was something to do with players from academies or something and Cripps didn't qualify.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a public lynching if somebody said 'what about Cripps?' and he answered with 'nah, don't rate him'.

Blues join forces with Our Watch ....... :thumbsu:

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-08-25/blues-join-forces-with-our-watch

Carlton Football Club was unveiled as one of four organisations in Victoria to spearhead a government project to prevent violence against women at work.

In a formal ceremony on Tuesday morning at The Queen Victoria Women’s Centre in Melbourne, Carlton was represented by CEO Steven Trigg, defender Ciaran Byrne and female marquee player Darcy Vescio.

OurWatch2016Pic.jpg

"THANK YOU SO MUCH, WE'D LOST ALL HOPE."

"Clearly you don't want to be here any more, so I'll get you to your preferred destination for a future 2nd round pick a fringe senior player that meets our profile and a swap of first round picks. Should be done by the 2nd week of October."

"BUT IT'S MARCH!"

"Hey I'm good, not a miracle worker; these deals take time."

Last edited:
Robert Walls says time for Patrick Cripps to analyse Greg Williams

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/carlto...to-analyse-greg-williams-20160829-gr3ghq.html

Former Carlton premiership player and coach Robert Walls has urged emerging star Patrick Cripps to analyse what made legendary midfielder Greg Williams so great.
Cripps, last year's best and fairest, is one of the league's best young midfielders and his ability to win the ball on the inside has become a pivotal part of the Blues' game plan.

Walls said on Monday that Cripps would be well advised to dissect how Williams, a dual Brownlow medallist with Sydney and Carlton, went about his business. Williams became one of the greats through his clever and efficient use of handball and ability to hit targets with either foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walls has a point about Patty becoming even more dangerous if he can add elite kicking skills.

But you don't just watch footage of Diesel and suddenly develop sublime dual sided disposal.

What next? I'll grab some old NBA tapes and suddenly I'll be dunking like Dominique Wilkins?
Need to set your sights higher. Go for the guy with the 56inch vertical, about a foot higher than Nic Nat

Walls has a point about Patty becoming even more dangerous if he can add elite kicking skills.

But you don't just watch footage of Diesel and suddenly develop sublime dual sided disposal.

What next? I'll grab some old NBA tapes and suddenly I'll be dunking like Dominique Wilkins?
I agree.
Cripps will never be lethal by foot. He is too big (tall) and lacks power through his kicking fir sine reason. Maybe related to him having broken his leg a few years back.
His handball on the other hand is absolutely elite for so eone so young which has helped him end up No1 this season for clearances. Being No1 for hard ball gets obviously helps too. Gun

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back