Injury Carlton Injury List Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope Gibbs plays.

Didn't look too serious at the time and it is only a sprain of the joint - there's no structural damage which is fantastic.

Normally we'd probably give him a rest to let it recover but in a semi final I'm hoping we give him an injection or 3 and play him.

As long as there is no real danger of the injury completely blowing up and becoming far more serious, play him. He's too important for us not to.

If he doesn't play I hope JR replaces him.

Doc Larkins says Gibbs is a very good chance to play this weekend.

Doc's verdict on Gibbs
Does anyone find Larkin's reports a little distasteful, given the forum he has?

Without knowing the bottom line he mounts pressure on a club with the option to 'jab him' and play him?

We will not win the flag this year.

Don't risk anything long term to a bloke who's really just finding confidence in the top tier.

really bothering about Gibbs. Was just about his best game for us on the weekend. Was hard at it, showed a much harder edge than usual and his work rate lifted. Every possession he got was a crucial one that hurt the opposition. Got his possessions in the front half and won contested footy. Had a tremendous influence on the game where often he builds his numbers up with plenty of "junk" possessions. Would be a massive loss for us as WCE have a really good and underrated midfield. I guess Robbo will go on the ball and Lucas, Touhy or Russell will come in to play the flanker role if he misses.

Does anyone find Larkin's reports a little distasteful, given the forum he has?

Without knowing the bottom line he mounts pressure on a club with the option to 'jab him' and play him?

We will not win the flag this year.

Don't risk anything long term to a bloke who's really just finding confidence in the top tier.
We win this, we play Geelong at the MCG, which we would be a huge chace IMO. Collingwood haven't beaten us by more than a few goals this year.

I'm daring to dream.

Molly1 v Doc Larkins :p
You are right quite a bit Molly1 but I hope you are wrong this time!!

Let's remember that Molly1 is not Gibbs' doctor but just someone with information.
Let's also remember that were also sorts of signals around for Jamison, Henderson and even Betts not playing on Sunday.
We also rarely get a straight answer from the CFC re. our injured.

We win this, we play Geelong at the MCG, which we would be a huge chace IMO. Collingwood haven't beaten us by more than a few goals this year.

I'm daring to dream.

For mine. .. it sounds simple and obvious. .. it comes down to this week. .. West Coast's strengths (KPF) matches our weakness (KPD) due to injury mostly and they press and have a solid ruck/midfield which can limit our strength (clearance and spread) plus we don't have the forwards (fit) to exploit their KPD weakness. ..

However we match up well on Geelong, our small/harrassing forward line is their same-sized defences weakness and we can harrass and spread too well for their relatively slow side. ..

If Gibbs is 80% and has a low risk of further damage, I think we play him as this is our most important challenge for the year. .. Doc Larkins might sound harsh but its football reality to assess and then give a jab or strap it up and send em out. ..

Do you guys seriously think our medical staff will feel pressured to play Gibbs due to Dr Larkins believing that he could play?

Dr Larkins can say all he wants about anything. You CAN NOT afford to play injured players in finals!!!

Do you guys seriously think our medical staff will feel pressured to play Gibbs due to Dr Larkins believing that he could play?

Dr Larkins can say all he wants about anything. You CAN NOT afford to play injured players in finals!!!

Paul Chapman and his Norm Smith medal politely disagree

Gibbs will play 100% for sure. Put your house on it. It's only a grade 1 AC and he cant really do any more damage than has been done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Doc. Worse case jabs to get him going?
Worst case is of course he could miss.

It depends a bit on how inflammed the structures under the AC joint become which wouldn't have been evident until the next day.

But, in what looked like a Gd 1 AC joint (again, I have no direct knowledge of this, just my own observations) it is strucutrally intact (i.e. not greater risk if they jab it to play) and it comes down to pain management.

I would think they could inject it and he would play well. If he gets slammed on that shoulder it is at no greater risk of injury than normal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him board the plane and have up until the last minute to see how good the shoulder is.

This week will screw the Ants IMO. I think we'll take a couple of extras over (Lucas/Touhy and Hampson) who I assume won't be able to get back for the Ants prelim.

BTP.......what am I rebutting?:confused:

Worst case is of course he could miss.

It depends a bit on how inflammed the structures under the AC joint become which wouldn't have been evident until the next day.

But, in what looked like a Gd 1 AC joint (again, I have no direct knowledge of this, just my own observations) it is strucutrally intact (i.e. not greater risk if they jab it to play) and it comes down to pain management.

I would think they could inject it and he would play well. If he gets slammed on that shoulder it is at no greater risk of injury than normal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him board the plane and have up until the last minute to see how good the shoulder is.

This week will screw the Ants IMO. I think we'll take a couple of extras over (Lucas/Touhy and Hampson) who I assume won't be able to get back for the Ants prelim.

BTP.......what am I rebutting?:confused:

Thanks Doc :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back