Injury Carlton Injury List Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They fly tomorrow, I doubt they will transport Gibbs up to perth for no reason. They have to make an early call.
I read today that Gibbs is flying over, but purely for social events. Whatever that means as far as I know the club is having no social events while here and why would you send an injured player to do that

I read today that Gibbs is flying over, but purely for social events. Whatever that means as far as I know the club is having no social events while here and why would you send an injured player to do that

In Rattens press conference he said that Kruz and Gibbs would probably fly over with the team but it was purely for social reasons - to attend coteries group functions.

In Rattens press conference he said that Kruz and Gibbs would probably fly over with the team but it was purely for social reasons - to attend coteries group functions.

Surely with Ratten saying Kreuz's injury is still an unknown then why would they risk a plane flight. .. Not sure of the risk on Gibbs' shoulder with the flight. ..

Can understand that if it is safe then its good to take the lads for the flight. .. Be interested to know the medical advice. ..

As I said at the time, I thought Gibbs would play, but I don't se any tactical advantage in naming him late. I don't think WCE will select a different side based on Gibbs, but who knows, maybe Ratts is practising for when he really needs to "do a sheeds".

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne...and-play-west-coast-eagles/20110914-ehtq.html

Dr Peter Larkins is extremely sceptical of Ratten's comments that Gibbs won't play.

Thinks Gibbs' AC joint injury is at the very lower end of the scale and most certainly isn't worth missing a final for.

Good news for you guys.

I too am extremely sceptical.

Having done both a severe and a mild AC sprain, I would have thought Bryce could play after seeing the impact and his reaction.

With the mild sprain I missed 1 week and played with pain for a couple more afterwards. Range of motion was OK, roughly 80% 1st week back, and bumps, tackles, etc did no further damage.

Considering it's a cut-throat final I am surprised we're supposedly going to be so cautious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez I hope Gibba gets up. We need his polish on a forward flank. Happy for Hammer to come in for Kreuz, but we really need Gibbs. JR can replace him but it won't be the same :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back